|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
Recently renovated apartment in beautiful Venetian palace called Accademia dei Nobili has Giudecca. Second floor with elevator, 120 m2, living / dining room, two large bedrooms, large kitchen, bathroom. Sunny, high plafoinds (4m. 20) completely equippe Internet WI-FI, washing machine and dishwasher laive included.
We also offer Rome and France! All photos on http: // www. flickr. com / photos / 12692300 @ N05 / sets /
The island was originally known as the Spina Lunga ("Long Edge" Spina, fishbone) because of its curved and elongated shape. The place later received its current name, according to some, by the Jewish community that it would be installed, but this explanation is not convincing because the old Jewish ghetto was located in the area ("sestiere") of Cannaregio. It is more likely that the name derives from the Giudecca giudicare word ("judge"; giudizio, "judgment"), with reference to the use of the island as a place of exile for dissidents aristocrats in the early ninth century. The island then became, in the golden age of the Republic, a resort and escape, composed of palaces surrounded by large parks.
The Grand Canal and the Giudecca Canal (basically, the Santa Maria della Salute church in Venice)
The magnificence of this period is particularly evidenced by the imposing church of the Redeemer ("redeemer"), designed by Andrea Palladio between 1577 and 1592 to mark the end of the terrible plague that struck the city in 1576 and decimated a third of its inhabitants. Every year, the Doge and his entourage visited the church across the canal on a bridge of boats, from the Zatterre the dock in the sestiere of Dorsoduro. This Redeemer festival always takes place in the third week of July.
Tre occhi house on the Giudecca
Church Sta Eufemia
The place became an area of industry in the early twentieth century including shipyards and factories, and a movie studio. The decline of the Giudecca began after the Second World War with the gradual closure of the industrial sector. For many years, the Giudecca is degraded and seedy place, before a series of pardons does make again a modern residential area, quiet and appreciated. It is famous for its long dock to the North, which forms a very nice walk and offers a splendid view of Venice.
When you arrive at the apartment we ask you for cash payment of the "Tassa di Soggiorno" that the Municipality of Venice has recently established for private rental apartment (currently 1. 5 euros / person / night). You will receive a receipt for this payment.
RESTAURANTS, BARS & NIGHTLIFE
• Cannaregio: Alla Vedova 'close to the Ca' d'Oro, "40 Ladroni" and "Anice stellato" in Fondamenta della Sensa. "Gam Gam" and "da Marisa" for lunch. 'Corte del Remer' entre san Campo Santi Apostoli and Bortolomio (also lunchtime)
• Dorsoduro: 'Da Sandro' in Calle Lunga San Barnaba (Dorsoduro), Al Bottegon (san Trovaso, Dorsoduro);
• Castello 'Corte Sconta'.
• Giudecca "Figli delle stelle" and "Altanella" in the Giudecca. In the Giudecca you can find a good restaurant aussi at the naval shipyard 'da Crea' 100 meters from the studio. Orelse, always in the Giudecca, "I Do Mori" and "Ai cacciatori" (Higher quality & price) close to the vaporetto stop Palanca.
• San Marco: Higher up (50/100 eur per person, excellent quality and service): Ai Do Forni (san Marco) and Hotel Monaco (Giardinetti di San Marco)
• Bars and nightlife ... if you still-have energy at night, nightlife is in the Fondamenta della Misericordia (Cannaregio), Rialto and surroundings (Naranzaria) and Campo Santa Margherita (Dorsoduro). Antico Martini Bar Centrale and (close to the Fenice), al Muro (san Luca). The last stop Piccolo Mondo Antico in the Accademia (the only nightclub in Venice!).
Apart from san Marco (both the Basilica and Palazzo Ducale shoulds not be missed), Rialto, Scuola Grande San Rocco, San Giorgio Maggiore, San Giorgio degli Schiavoni, the Redentore church in the Giudecca Basilica della Salute, the Accademia Santa Maria dei Carmini ... the ideal timeframe to visit Venice spans from two weeks (minimum) to a lifetime. There really is a lot to discover. The best thing is to get lost outside of the tourist track, at day or night (Venice is one of the safest cities in the world) in Castello, Dorsoduro, San Polo and Cannaregio.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 1 guests; add C$22 per night, per additional guest|
|Stay tax||C$2.17 per night, per person. This amount will be due to the owner upon arrival. Does not apply to children under 1 years.|
Lors de votre arrivée a l'appartement nous vous demanderons le payement en liquide de la "Tassa di Soggiorno" que la Municipalité de Venise a récemment établi pour les appartement prives en location (actuellement 1.5 euros/personne/nuitée). Vous aurez un reçu pour ce payement.