This Cherasco apartment has all the amenities to make your stay in Italy a memorable one. Located in the heart of the Piemonte wine region, this quaint little town offers breathtaking views, restaurants with world class food, and local charm.
About the Apartment:
- The first bedroom features a queen bed that sleeps two and a television
- The second room features twin beds that sleep one each (or can be pushed together to make another queen bed that will sleep two)
- The living room, which includes a couch, table that seats four, and television, is bordered by a compact kitchen, which includes a small refrigerator and freezer, oven, and sink (but local restaurants prevail here!)
- The bathroom is complete with a shower, sink, toilet, bidet, and washing machine
- The downstairs entry is a large area that can be used to store luggage and other items you may not want to clutter the upstairs with (this area is also where the apartment's bicycles are stored, which can be used to explore the area!)
- The terrace, which is nestled in the rooftop, features a table that seats four
About the Town:
The city of Cherasco is located atop a hill surrounded by local Piemonte vineyards and breathtaking views of the Alps. The town, which is flat once atop the hill and perfect for walking and riding bicycles, features several fine-dining restaurants. Beautiful architecture lines the town that includes churches, arches, and bell towers. The town is complete with small grocery stores, gelato shops, and tree-lined parks.
Other small towns that are a close car drive away include Barolo, Alba, Bra, and Barbaresco. The closest larger towns for other site-seeing adventures include Milan and Torino.
About the Region:
Piemonte is a northwestern region of Italy that features historical cities, delicious cuisine and wine, and beautiful countrysides. The Italian, Swiss, and French Alps surround the area to the north, while seaside cities such as Genoa (and even Nice, France and Monaco) are a quick drive to the south. World famous lakes, including Lake Como, scatter the area.
About the Local Wine:
Piemonte wine is the variety of Italian wines that are made in the Piemonte Province. The best-known wines from the region include Barolo and Barbaresco, which are made from the Nebbiolo grape. These wines are ideal for storage and truly get better with age. Other fine wines include varieties from the following grapes: Dolcetto, Barbera, Nebbiolo, Moscato, Brachetto, Arneis, Favorita, Gavi, and Chardonnay.
A list of some of our favorite and well-known local wineries will be provided. Upon request, a personal invite, tour, and tasting will be arranged with some of the wineries' owners. We have a personal friendship with several of the families who own and operate these quaint local wineries and know they would love to give you a personalized experience.
About the Local Cuisine:
Piemonte cuisine is known for finer dining which include light, butter-based sauces influenced from their neighboring country of France. Snails and truffles are often found in pasta dishes as well.
A must try is a fresh pasta called tajarin. It's a special pasta only found in this region. It's name means "made of 30 egg yolks" and shows it in it's vibrant orange color. It's best eaten with a butter-sage sauce.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions you have about our wonderful apartment. We know the amazing views, food, and wine will satisfy your next vacation to Northern Italy!