-- The Space
This spacious 550 sq. ft. and fully equipped private studio apartment is on the ground level of our house. It has a private entrance located on the back of our house, private bathroom, comfortable queen size bed (sleeps 2), a pull-out couch (sleeps 2), a dining area and a kitchenette. The kitchenette has a microwave, coffee maker and a fridge. We also have utensils, plates, glasses and mugs. You can prepare basic meals, such as sandwiches and oatmeal, but please note there is no stove or a hot plate and you will not be able to cook. The studio has its own heating and cooling system, which is controlled separately from the main house. Our street is very well lit and has free parking on first come first serve basis. We offer a washer and s dryer upon request and a fee.
-- Guest Access
Check out is by noon, check in is after 3 pm. You will have a private key less access to the studio and are welcome to come and go as you please.
Free street parking is available on our street, first come first serve basis.
-- House Rules
We feel it is important to respect our neighbors, therefore please be mindful, especially late at night.
No smoking allowed inside the studio; no unregistered guest(s) and parties.
Please leave things where you found them and respect the furnishings and appliances in the studio.
Turn off the lights and AC when you are out.
-- Interaction with Guests
We are generally around during the evenings and weekends, unless we are traveling. There is a chance that you will hear us getting ready for work in the morning during the week.
You have your own entrance to come and go as you please. We are happy to interact, answer any questions you may have, but also respect your privacy.
-- The Neighborhood
Petworth is a vibrant community with lots of long-time residents and many young families and professionals, such as ourselves. It is a diverse, but quiet residential neighborhood, composed of tree lined streets and brick row houses from the 1920's. New luxury apartments and condos have begin emerging throughout.
Various public transportation options are within minutes, which makes the neighborhood accessible and easy to navigate to and from.
There are many international food options in the neighborhood, including American, Japanese, Mexican, El Salvadorian, Ethiopian, Pizza.
Historical sites nearby include Lincoln's Cottage, Old Soldiers' Home, and Rock Creek Church parish.
-- Getting Around
Our home is close to DC's most popular sites. Getting around is easy and convenient, with the Metro and bus stops being minutes away.
- 8 minutes to restaurants, bars on Upshur and Georgia Ave
- 15-20 minutes walk to Petworth-Georgia Ave Metro Train Station
- 8-10 minutes walk to grocery stores (Safeway, Yes! Organic Market, Farmers Market on Saturdays form May to October)
- 8 minutes walk to Capital Bikeshare rental station
From Petworth-Georgia Ave Metro Train Station - Yellow and Green Line
- Direct Yellow line to Reagan National Airport and the Pentagon in Arlington, VA
- 1 stop to Columbia Heights, shopping and dining
-- 2 stops U Street, large concentration of restaurants and nightlife venues
- 4 stops to Walter E Washington Conference Center
- 5 stops to Chinatown / Verizon Center / National Portrait Gallery (transfer to red line for the US Capitol Building, Dupont Circle, and The National Zoo)
- 6 stops to Archives for the National Mall and Smithsonian Museums
- Georgia Ave (70/79 line) to Chinatown, Penn Quarter, National Archives, National Mall
- 63 line on Sherman Circle and Crittenden too Federal Triangle
- 14th street (50 bus line) to Columbia Heights, Adams Morgan, U Street, Downtown, White House
- New Hampshire Ave (42/43 bus) to Dupont Circle, Downtown & National Mall
-- Other Things to Note
We have a Boston Terrier, who does not go to the studio. He is too busy guarding the couch in our living room. He does not bark. As pet owners and frequent travelers, we have constantly struggled to find accommodations for our dog. Consequently, we consider pets on case-by-case basis for an additional charge, please inquire.
We live in the home and you will most likely hear us at times when we are getting ready in the morning to go to work and at night when we are home watching TV, cooking etc.
Our home has surveillance cameras installed on the front and back entrances, so be sure to smile for the camera.