|Property type||house boat|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Turnip has a cool feel and is great for someone who wants a genuine, interesting houseboat experience yet still all the comforts of home. She has a junk style design, which is a common in Asia, a great roof for sitting on, and hobbity archways inside that really create the space.
The interior and exterior has recently been repainted, stained, and refinished. I bought the boat in August 2015 and spent a few week giving her new life.
- 1 queen size bed
- 1 sleeper sofa (1 person)
- 1 six foot sleeping nook (best for children)
- 1 full size blow up mattress and sheets available
- Sleeps 4 on the above furniture pieces
- 4 total overnight guests allowed
- Full kitchen (refrigerator, stove, coffee press, kitchen essentials)
- Heated (2 portable heaters + 1 wall heater)
- Full bathroom (japanese style shower, toilet, sink)
- Wireless internet
- Kid friendly
- Indoor and outdoor breakfast/eating nook
- Deck and roof lounge area
- Parking out front the marina office building at a cost of $1 per hour. Weekdays, it is free before 9 am and after 4 pm. Weekends are free as well. Note: due to guest parking passes being taken by guests repeatedly, they are no longer available.
- (5) kayaks (first come, first serve)
You will have access to the place all yourself. I will have shower items for you, towels, sheets, etc.
Access to the boat is via a self-checkin process. All access and reservation instructions will be included in the confirmation page after booking. In addition, we will email the houseboat manual as a PDF 5-7 days prior to your reservation.
Interaction with Guests...
Just a phone call away for whatever you need.
The area sits conveniently close to downtown Seattle and tucked between Fremont and Ballard. For those checking out the city, this is a great location. For those on business, also super convenient and comfortable. The closest grocery store is about a mile away in Fremont (PCC) so keep that in mind.
Other Things to Note...
- It's important to know that this is a boat and not a house, and that's its charm. While it does have everything you will need, its not like living in a house - doors are smaller, toilets are funny, stairs are steep, and sometimes the boat rocks.
- Seasickness and dizzyness is unlikely unless you are very sensitive.
- The ceiling height is not standard, max 7', plus there are a few smaller accesses to different parts of the house. If you are very tall, you may find this irritating. The entrance to the boat requires bending and stepping down. If you have physical difficulties, this may not be the best match.
- I have 4 kayaks and 1 kayak/paddle board conversion available first come, first serve.
- There is a little cafe at the marina which does has WIFI, coffee, beer, wine. It is not open weekends.
- 5-7 days before your reservation the Property Manager will reach out via email to provide the houseboat manual and entering instructions.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
|Refundable Damage Deposit||C$198|
|Property Damage Protection||C$104|
|Cleaning fee||C$53 + Tax|
Turnip Houseboat Rules
Upon your departure please complete the following tasks:
Place bed sheets and used towels on top of the bed
Turn off all heating elements
Load the dishwasher and start it to run
Close and lock all windows and doors
Empty the refrigerator and freezer of any personal items
Collect trash and recycling, place in designated containers in the marina parking lot
Leave the boat and marina keys in the key box on the gate, relock the box
No one is allowed to wander the docks
Children - Must be kept at close attention at all times
Guests - Only 2 guests are permitted on Turnip Houseboat during the day time, beyond the 2 maximum registered guests.
Pets - Pets are not allowed on Turnip Houseboat at all
No social gatherings are allowed on Turnip Houseboat. Any gatherings will disturb neighbors and violate marina rules. If guest is found to be hosting any type of social gathering eviction will occur, and a charge equal to the amount of the security deposit will be applied.
• Party Fee - Eviction will occur, a charge equal to the amount of security deposit will be applied.
Please keep noise to a minimum all day. This is marina is home to many people.
• Official Quiet Hours - 9:00pm to 7:00am daily
There is no smoking allowed in the house. You may smoke outside in the marina parking lot, at least 20 feet away from open windows or doors. Please dispose of cigarette butts in trash cans.
• Smoking Fee - $250
Please take off your shoes when entering Turnip Houseboat. Normal wear and tear on the floor surfaces is expected, but if there is excessive dirt, stains or spills you will be charged additional cleaning and/or repair fees.
• Additional Housekeeping Fee applies
Inappropriate behavior such as loud and/or vulgar language and/or drunkenness is strictly prohibited. If guest is found to be engaging in inappropriate behavior eviction will occur, and a charge equal to the amount of the
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.