|Property type||house boat|
The Rutabaga is the first boat I purchased and fixed up, and as such is a place I adore and call home. I bought it in December 2013 in rough condition and later came to find out it was barely floating. With a lot of help, I spent 6 months rebuilding it top to bottom. It was originally constructed in the 80s during a boom time for houseboats in Seattle, giving it the lines of its original "house barge" design, plus the 2nd story which was added on the bedroom. Now, its a funky, interesting place with lovely views of the city of Seattle and Lake Union.
This house barge is a darling little place with all you will need - no amenity lost. Full kitchen, living space with sofa and table, bathroom with hot shower and functioning toilet, 3 wall heaters for cozy nights, 1 full size bed perfect for two, and a beautiful rooftop deck boasting enviable views downtown Seattle and Lake Union.
As for living on a boat, there is little like it, and I suggest you try it out. You might be looking at some shwanky pad as well, and that would be great, but this is a cool experience, a piece of Seattle history you should wear for a few days when you can. It's an opportunity to be around the mayhem that is water life during the day, and the peace and tranquility that floating can be at night.
- 1 queen bed
- 1 full size sleeper sofa/day bed
- 1 full size blow up mattress and sheets available
- Sleeps 4 on the above furniture pieces
- 4 total overnight guests allowed (4 would be quite snug, buts its allowed)
- Full kitchen (refrigerator, dishwasher, stove, coffee press, kitchen essentials)
- Heated (3 wall heaters)
- Full bathroom (shower, toilet, sink)
- Wireless Internet
- Kid friendly
- Indoor and outdoor breakfast/eating nook
- Deck and roof lounge area
- Propane bbq
- Parking out front the marina office building at a cost of $1 per hour. Weekdays, it is free before 9 am and after 4 pm. Weekends are free as well. Note: due to guest parking passes being taken by guests repeatedly, they are no longer available.
- (5) kayaks - first come, first serve. No reservations available.
You will have access to the place all yourself. I will have shower items for you, towels, sheets, etc.
Access to the boat is via a self-checkin process. All access and reservation instructions will be included in the confirmation page after booking. In addition, we will email the houseboat manual as a PDF 5-7 days prior to your reservation.
Interaction with Guests...
Just a phone call away for whatever you need.
The area sits conveniently close to downtown Seattle and tucked between Fremont and Ballard. For those checking out the city, this is a great location. For those on business, also super convenient and comfortable. The closest grocery store is about a mile away in Fremont (PCC) so keep that in mind.
Other Things to Note...
- It's important to know that this is a boat and not a house, and that's its charm. While it does have everything you will need, its not like living in a house - doors are smaller, toilets are funny, stairs are steep, and sometimes the boat rocks.
- The ceiling height is not standard, max 7', plus there are a few smaller accesses to different parts of the house. If you are very tall, you may find this irritating. The stairs to the 2nd floor are steep and narrow as well. If you have physical difficulties, this may not be the best match.
- On occasion the toilet holding tank does get filled and it unable to be pumped on weekends. There are bathrooms at the marina for use, which I encourage. I will not offer any refunds if the holding tank does fill and is unable to be pumped. Of course, we will do our best, but there are limitations.
- I have 4 kayaks and 1 kayak/paddle board conversion available first come, first serve.
- There is a little cafe at the marina which does has WIFI, coffee, beer, wine. It is not open weekends.
- 5-7 days before your reservation the Property Manager will reach out via email to provide the houseboat manual and entering instructions.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 20 2017 - Jul 3 2017
1 night minimum stay
Jul 4 2017 - Jul 4 2017
1 night minimum stay
Jul 5 2017 - Sep 25 2017
1 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
|Refundable Damage Deposit||C$204.97|
|Property Damage Protection||C$80.62|
|Cleaning fee||C$68.32 + Tax|
Turnip Houseboat Rules
Upon your departure please complete the following tasks:
Place bed sheets and used towels on top of the bed
Turn off all heating elements
Load the dishwasher and start it to run
Close and lock all windows and doors
Empty the refrigerator and freezer of any personal items
Collect trash and recycling, place in designated containers in the marina parking lot
Leave the boat and marina keys in the key box on the gate, relock the box
No one is allowed to wander the docks
Children - Must be kept at close attention at all times
Guests - Only 2 guests are permitted on Turnip Houseboat during the day time, beyond the 2 maximum registered guests.
Pets - Pets are not allowed on Turnip Houseboat at all
No social gatherings are allowed on Turnip Houseboat. Any gatherings will disturb neighbors and violate marina rules. If guest is found to be hosting any type of social gathering eviction will occur, and a charge equal to the amount of the security deposit will be applied.
• Party Fee - Eviction will occur, a charge equal to the amount of security deposit will be applied.
Please keep noise to a minimum all day. This is marina is home to many people.
• Official Quiet Hours - 9:00pm to 7:00am daily
There is no smoking allowed in the house. You may smoke outside in the marina parking lot, at least 20 feet away from open windows or doors. Please dispose of cigarette butts in trash cans.
• Smoking Fee - $250
Please take off your shoes when entering Turnip Houseboat. Normal wear and tear on the floor surfaces is expected, but if there is excessive dirt, stains or spills you will be charged additional cleaning and/or repair fees.
• Additional Housekeeping Fee applies
Inappropriate behavior such as loud and/or vulgar language and/or drunkenness is strictly prohibited. If guest is found to be engaging in inappropriate behavior eviction will occur, and a charge equal to the amount of the
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.