Large Executive Cottage Suitable For Large Families, Groups and Companies
About Jeanette Turvey
Hi there! I'm Jeanette and I manage Scottspoint Islandview with my partner (and owner) Bob. Although an American citizen, Bob moved to Huntsville for work in the early 90's and purchased our cottage in 1999. Bob continues to spend a lot of time traveling between Huntsville and the US, while I live just around the corner from our cottage and manage the many wonderful requests from people looking to book with us throughout the year. I grew up in Huntsville and moved back to my stomping grounds about 7 years ago. Huntsville happens to be one of those places that draws you back with a desire to raise your children here. I have two beautiful children who are very active in competitive sports and thus I am not always available to meet our guests when they arrive at different times throughout a week or weekend, but I try very hard to do so! Having grown up in Huntsville, I have lots of knowledge about the area and some of the fun things to do here, so please feel free to pick my brain!! I enjoy meeting and communicating with all of our guests and it's our goal to make sure your experience is as effortless, comfortable and relaxing as possible. We welcome any and all feedback because it's very important to us that we continue to ensure our guests leave feeling their experience was worth every ounce of their time and money spent enjoying quality time with their friends and family. Please feel free to contact us at any time with any questions you may have!!
Jeanette Turvey purchased this Cottage in 2002
What makes this Cottage unique
One of the wonderful things about our property is that it makes you feel as though you are in a remote area somewhere in Muskoka. The truth is however, that you are only a 10 minute walk into the heart of Huntsville where you can take an afternoon or evening stroll for dinner or a drink at the local pub. Our location on Fairy lake has quick access to the mouth of the river where you can take a quick boat ride into town or Vernon lake, or head the opposite way into Pen Lake or Lake of Bays. We are very central to everything.
Pool / Spa
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
great location, great management
Jeanette was super easy to work with, location is gorgeous. Canoes and kayaks included. Soaker tub, hot tub, sauna, included. 3 floors of bedrooms, indoor and outdoor cooking options all included. Hou can't beat the value.
It was my second time coming back to Scottspoint and even better than the last time. This wonderful getaway has something for everyone. Jeanette the host was amazing as usual! Always so helpful and kind. I’m just always in awe at this cottage. It’s an experience that everyone should have for sure. Can’t wait to go back next year, and the year after that and so on!!
This was our second visit to Scot's Point. Jeanette is a wonderful host. The cottage and facilities were clean and orderly. The hot tub was excellent. Jeanette is always prompt and courteous with communication and attends to every detail. This is a worry-free booking and highly recommended.
Great place for quiet winter getaway.
Our 2nd time staying at Scott's Point. Always enjoyed our stay. Place is everything as described. Jeanette is very responsive and helpful.
Property #767424 Reservation ID HA-CRRMVN Feb 15-23, 2019, 8 nights
We stayed at this VRBO rental in February and I realize that I never commented on our stay. My reason for the late reply is probably irrelevant but I had just been diagnosed with breast cancer when we went on our week of snowmobiling. I have been dealing with surgery and treatment and am just now remembering that I never left a review.
I would like to say that Jeanette was very friendly and generally attentive. The furnace stopped working our second night ! By the time we came back from our day of snowmobiling the house as nice and warm!
We did have a few of concerns.
1) My initial reservation was for Saturday to Saturday. After several months I received a note from Jeanette saying that she had made an error and, because it was Family Weekend, she had to rent it Friday to Friday. WE knew it was Family weekend! Her initial comment was that she would refund us the entire amount. If she canceled, of course she would need to refund all. Long story short we ended up paying one weekend day extra to rent Friday to Saturday and she threw in the linen package. We were ok not getting linens and did not want to pay for the extra day. This is our third year renting in Ontario on this same weekend and we have never had a problem.
2) We were told that there would be room for our three trucks with trailers and this was incorrect. When we commented about this we were told that they didn't know our trailers would be so big, (they are traditional snowmobile trailers) and also that they had not been to the camp in 2 weeks and didn't realize how much it had snowed.
3) There was one cupboard that was filled with mouse dropping and several others that had sporadic evidence. We did a lot of cleaning before putting any of our food away.
We understand that it is a camp and snow and mice happen. The problem is that the camp was not ready for us on our date of arrival. Putting aside the fact that we had to store our trailers separate from the trucks, at the very least, there should have been some reduction in the cleaning fee. We were not expecting the need to clean when we arrived.
What a gem! Even in terrible weather it was beautiful. Looking forward to booking again.
Muskoka is a destination of choice for cottagers, vacationers, travelers, and nature enthusiasts from around the world. Known as Ontario’s cottage country, there are many ways to experience and explore the natural beauty, fresh water lakes, wildlife and authentic Canadian natural environments.
Quaint local towns are ready to be explored and offer locally produced and inspired merchandise, restaurants and cafes, and a variety of community events and activities throughout the year.
Restful retreat or action-packed adventure, the choice is yours. An experience to remember!
• Tennis Courts
• Children’s Parks within walking distance
• Walking distance to town
• Local pool
• Golf Courses
• Theatres – Algonquin Theatre, Movie Theatre, Huntsville Community Theatre, Rene Caisse Bracebridge
• Algonquin Outfitters Equipment Rentals
• Horseback Riding
• Tree Top Trekking
• Splash Zone at Deerhurst
• Sleigh Rides
• Dog Sledding
• Skiing – Cross-country and Downhill
• Hiking Trails
• Biking Trails
• Boating/Boat Rentals
• Artist on Tours
• Local Beaches
• Santa’s Village
• Etwell Concert Series
• Strawberry Picking
• Lion’s Lookout
• Rock Climbing
• Decades Show
• Indoor Walking Track and Fitness Center
• Huntsville Chamber of Commerce – calendar of community/special events
• Websites: Huntsville Adventures
• Local Parks – Algonquin, Killarney
• Algonquin Park – calendar of events
• Guided tours – in Algonquin park and others
• Big East River – swimming, canoeing, kayaking
• Santa Claus Parade
• Sugar Bush Tours
• Girlfriend Getaway weekend
• Driving the Area Tour
• Local Farm Product Tour – where to get fresh local food
• Restaurants with Live Entertainment