|Minimum Stay||5 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
My Home: My home is in the newest block of the 3 units that make up the Conch Club condo community and is situated right on the beach front. I recently renovated the condo to an extremely high European standard, possibly the best equipped kitchen in the Condos, with all those extras you would expect from exceedingly comfortable beds, down pillows and 1000 thread count sheets.
It is primarily my home rather than a rental property. I have spent the last 6 winters here and have decided to share my experience of luxury living in this Little Cayman Island paradise.
Downstairs: I have an open floor plan kitchen with black marble surfaces, microwave, glass top stove, wall oven, efficient extractor fan, electric kettle and espresso coffee machine (bring your own pods as well as a regular coffee making machine for those who don't). You will find a professional grade blender for those all so important cocktails as well as a large food processor and double fridge freezer with filtered water ice maker. In the cupboards you will find all the usual glasses, plates, dishes that you could wish for and many more than are required by the Tourist Board.
The dining room table and chairs are of teak and there is a comfortable L shaped sofa and wing chair in the family room. The unit is tiled throughout with Porcelanosa tiles and the staircase is of marble.
Satellite TV, WiFi And Telephone: Free WiFi with fast internet is available. The TV's both upstairs and down are both connected separately to Dish Network that has full Sports coverage. DVD player is connected. Please use the DVDs in the house or visit the local shop for more rentals. The house phone is just for local use, but with my fast internet Skype, FaceTime and the like are the best options for international calls. iPod docks are in all rooms for your use.
Bedrooms: Upstairs you will find 2 large bedrooms. The ocean side bedroom leads out onto a deck upon which there are comfortable loungers. The main bathroom was totally renovated and has a full sized bathtub/shower combination. The second bedroom which looks out over the nature preserve, Booby Bird Pond, has a large walk in shower with elevated shower head and also a hand held unit . Both bedrooms have large cupboards and chest of drawers.
Outside: I have just had installed new sliding windows with UV protected glass. Down stairs there is also a lovely covered terrace on the sea side with comfortable sofa and chairs. There is also a gas BBQ (All BBQ's must be moved 10 foot from building before use....new Caymanian law).
Laundry And Cleaning: There is also a laundry with top range Whirlpool steam washer and dryer available for your use. My personal housekeeper will come in to do a mid week clean (at no extra charge) and is available for more frequent cleaning for a reasonable charge.
Tourist Rating: This unit passed the inspection gaining the highest award there is available.
Additional Facilities Of The Condo: I have 2 bicycles which you find on the porch on the beach side of the unit, also 2 kayaks, 1 of which is set up for fishing with not only rod holders but also an anchor. Paddles on the porch. Please keep bikes locked up and also make sure the kayaks are pulled well up the beach when the tide is low. There are additional bikes and kayaks available on a first come first served basis, the communal kayaks are found under one of the the pool decks and the communal bikes are scattered around the Condos.
Conch Club: We have 2 swimming pools and a Jacuzzi with outdoor deck and patio areas, which have both loungers, tables and chairs. There is also a tiki shelter with a couple of hammocks on the beach. My property manager is also the Manager of the whole complex and happy to help you with questions or concerns.
Airport Transfers: Transfers from and to the airport are free.
Location: The condo is perfectly placed as a getaway retreat. You look out over a 400 foot long virtually deserted beach, go out along the jetty with a drink and watch the Boobies and Frigate birds come into roost as the sun goes down. However, for those that want more action it isn't far to go...
Things To Do:
1. FISHING: Fly fishing is available on the beach in front of the condo and at many other locations, there is a special inland Tarpon lake and you can easily charter a boat to take you deep sea fishing. The catch could be tuna, wahoo, mahi mahi, grouper, snapper, king fish and the occasional sailfish depending on the season and what you’re targeting. Fly fishing for bonefish, tarpon, and permit in the shallow waters and inland brackish lakes is also popular. There are charters available for blue water-deep sea fishing as well as guides for fly fishing.
2. KAYAKING: You can take a kayak and paddle over to Owen Island where there is a beautiful private beach - snorkel the far side....remember to take beach shoes for a hike around the island because the iron shore can be tough on your feet.
3. KITE-SURFING: The Lost Boys Kite-surfing School that has just opened at Southern Cross.......just a 5 minute walk up the beach.
4. EXPLORE It is easy to rent either a car or a motor scooter to explore the rest of the island.....make a trip up to the fabulous relaxing, swimming and snorkeling beach at Point of Sand, visit the National Trust building and explore the unique shop, open 3-5 in season and less often out of season. Take a bike ride to the famous Little Cayman Iguanas favorite 'hang out' but please careful not to harm these unusual and protected creatures.
5. WORLD CLASS DIVING: If you are not out fishing or kayaking there is some world class diving available just minutes away from the dock. I suggest you visit the on site office of Conch Club Divers. They have a great reputation and offer full service diving excursions as well as certification classes and snorkel trips... Wall diving at the famous Bloody Bay Marine Park is amazing!
6. RESTAURANTS: There are 5 good restaurants on the island with prices that range from moderate: Hungry Iguana and Beach Bum Cafe, to not so moderate: Pirates' Point, Southern Cross and Little Cayman Beach Resort. Dress is always 'beach chic' casual.
World Class Scuba Diving
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Feb 6 2017 - Mar 3 2017
5 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
5 night minimum stay
This is my personal home I have chosen to share. Please respect my property and items in my condo as if they were yours. Any questions, please feel free to contact my Property Manager Rebecca Koss. If she cannot answer your questions, she can direct you to someone who can. Enjoy Little Cayman as much as I have over the years! Cheers! Also, all rates should be is U.S. Dollars. Average Summer rate = $299US plus 13% taxes. Winter rates = $399US plus 13%. Discounts will apply to stays of 8 nights or more. Inquire with Rebecca Koss.