|Minimum Stay||2 - 7 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Rustic and charming getaway in the Laurel Highlands. Enjoy country surroundings 3 miles from downtown Ligonier and all its wonderful shops and restaurants.
Recently renovated, contemporary kitchen, gas fireplace and wood burning stove, sunny sunroom and rustic fire pit are a few of the amenities that will make you feel welcome. Rolling hills and wildlife surround this built-into the hillside cabin.
Gourmet style kitchen, every amenity except a microwave. Snack bar for hanging out or preparing a meal. If you like to cook, make sure you visit the area farm stands and especially the Ligonier Country Market on Saturdays 8-12:00 May-September. Amazing, awesome market with juried vendors.The market features organic meats, produce, plants, wineries, baked goods, fresh and prepared foods, handmade craft, delicious food-pierogi! grilled pizzas! fresh squeezed juices! Don't miss it, you'll be pleasantly surprised.
2 nice sized bedrooms, recently painted and finished with excellent beds and bedding.
Extra sleeping available - Serta blow-up bed. Let us know and we'll make it available.
Cabin decor is an eclectic mix of furniture- antiques, thrift shop finds and interesting artwork and artifacts. "rustic!"
Sunroom is a combination living room and dining area that is the favorite place to hang. 9 windows give you a leafy view to the woods and meadows .
Industrial style staircase leads from the upper level to the lower level entrance, complete with flowering garden on each side. Where this cool welded hunk of metal staircase came from, we don't know, but we love it and it is a favorite spot to sit.
Located in the rolling hills of Western Pennsylvania, you will see picturesque farms nestled next to soaring forests and winding creeks.
Here is a quick list of things to see and do in the area.
Within 7 miles
* Golf-Ridgeview Golf Course - Incredible view. Worth it to stop by and look. It is close to the cabin. 4 minutes, 1.4 miles
* Idlewild Children's Amusement Park and Soak Zone- voted "#1 children's park in the world-" -7 miles, 14 min
* Linn Run State Park- camping, hiking- 7 miles
* Ligonier Country Maket- Awesome Market. Crafts, produce, organic meats and produce 8-12:00 Saturdays, May -October 3 miles
* Fort Ligonier-fascinating historic fort from war of 1812. Family friendly- 4 miles Fort Ligonier Days- 3 day historic celebration. Parades, crafts, Fort Ligonier Days, one of the American Bus Association’s “Top 100 Events in America”, is a 3-day festival that commemorates the Battle of Fort Ligonier, a key engagement of the French and Indian War, fought on October 12, 1758. This outstanding outdoor festival is celebrating its 56th year in 2015.
* Children's playground- climb and play! 15 minutes
* Ligonier Beach- Pennsylvania's largest outdoor pool. Beach-like pool with water fountain, diving board, poolside restaurant and bar. 8 minutes, 4.3 miles
* Bowling- Wicked Googly, Ligonier, PA Retro bowling alley with food and drink. Live music most weekends. 6 minutes, 3 miles
* Southern Alleghenies Museum of Art at Ligonier Valley- world class collection, American Artists-painting, sculpture, prints. 7 minutes 3.5 miles One Boucher Lane and Route 711 South Ligonier, PA 15658
Within 20-45 minutes
* Caddie Shak-Bumper cars, mini golf, water rides Donegal, PA 26 minutes, 17 miles
* Jennerstown Raceway- 1/2 mile Asphalt oval track. Recently renovated. Family fun . Flea Market every Sunday, www.jennerstown.org 17 miles, 20 min
* Theatre- Valley Players of Ligonier- Live theatre and featured movies.
6 minutes 3 miles
*Theatre- Mountain Playhouse, Pennsylvania's oldest professional stock theater and one of only twelve professional summer stock theaters remaining in the United States today , Jennerstown PA 20 minutes mountainplayhouse.com
* Flight 93 Memorial -44minutes, 30 miles
* Ohiopyle State Park- hiking, biking, whitewater rafting
45 minutes 32 miles
* Frank Lloyd Wright's architectural masterpiece- Falling Water and Kentuck Knob- 50 minutes, 34 miles
* Seven Springs Ski Resort- Skiing, water park, restaurants and year round events-37 minutes
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jan 3 2017 - Mar 31 2017
7 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Refundable Damage Deposit||C$197|
|Cleaning||C$111 + Tax|
|Pet Fee||C$66 + Tax|
Please note that the main living area is accessible only by stairs- inside or out. Extra parking available on property driveway below the house. Cabin is located on a hillside close to winding Wilpen Road which is a state road that is plowed almost immediately after a snowfall.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.