Spacious master bedroom with large private ensuite bathroom just 10 minute-walk to Finch West subway station. Many bus routes run in front of the house makes it possible to catch a bus in less than 5 minutes. Walk two blocks North to find plenty of food choices (e.g Aroma, Basil box, Subway, Gong Cha...) 30 minutes to Pearson airport by car/taxi. 50 minutes to Downtown by subway. We have one free indoor parking on first-come first-served basis. Free internet & Netflix service for your entertainment.
Room is on the second floor. Newly renovated perfect for all travellers. Door with keyed lock for more privacy. Since this rental is a private room in the house, please be willing to share the living room and the kitchen with others. Bed room & bathroom are private to you.
Easy checkin with lock-box. We will send you instructions to obtain the keys as well as to access your room. If you need help to get around or have any questions, send us a message on homeaway, we check messages often and are more than happy to assist.
- We have one free indoor parking on first-come first-served basis in the garage behind the house. Kindly let us know in your reservation if you need a parking space.
- You can also park in front of the house or across the street for free between 8pm - 8am on weekdays (except Wed). Parking is free anytime on weekends.
- If our parking space is taken, paid parking is also available across the street from Your Community Grocery (45 Four Winds Dr). Just 5-minute walk from the house.
The house is right in the York village, 10-minute walk from York University campus. Because of its convenience, many students decide to live in the village, which makes the area busy at times especially during the start of school terms. It is a young & lively neighborhood. Aviva stadium, home of Roger Cup tennis tournament, is 5 minutes away by bus. Grocery, bus stops, subway station are within walking distance. Walking to York University campus, you can find almost everything from foodies, bookstore, pharmacy to walk-in clinic, ATM & banking.
Toronto offers lots of things for you to discover and lots of amazing food. If you are food fanatic, this is your heaven! The best way to explore the city is to take public transit. Most of tourist attractions can be accessed by subway, hence, best is to live close to a subway station. While we recommend public transit for daytime, we would suggest to take taxi, Uber or Lift when you need to get home late at night. Driving is also an option but keep in mind it will be hard to find a parking space in downtown.
Our house is very close to two subway stations: Finch West statton & York University station. You can walk to any of these or just hop on any bus (make sure you check with the bus driver if it will take you to a subway station). There are many bus routes in the area makes it possible to catch a bus in less than 5 minutes. Below are things to do in the neighborhood:
- Beautiful bike trail in front of the house
- Take a bus or walk to the nearest Finch West Subway station. From there you can get around the city by subway
- University Grocery store is 5 minute walk.
- Walk to York University campus to find almost everything you need.
- Gas station is at Sentinel & Finch
- YorkDale shopping mall, one of the largest shopping malls in Toronto, is 15 minutes by car or you can take the subway to get there directly.
- Canada's Wonderland is also nearby, 15 minutes by car.
- Lego Land in Vaughan Mills mall is a must-see for kids
- Black Creek Pioneer Village where you can experience life in the Toronto region in the early 1800s.
- Downsview Park hosts year-round events: fireworks show on Canada Day, cultural festivals, concerts.
- Nearby restaurants: Shopsy's Sport Grill in York Lanes - York University, the Underground restaurant in York Lanes - York University, St. Louis Bar & Grill at Finch Ave West & Dufferin, Montana's BBQ & Bar at Steeles Ave West & Dufferin, 168 Sushi Japan Buffet at Steeles Ave West & Dufferin