|Space||650 sq. ft.|
|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Travis Heights is one of the oldest neighborhoods in Austin and is tucked under expansive Live Oak trees that are hundreds of years old! It's about 2 miles to the Capitol and since we're south of the river (Lady Bird Lake), we're Austin eclectic! Tiny House may be tucked away in a beautiful and quiet neighborhood, but it's an easy walk to the best of South Congress (SoCo), the Congress St. bats, and is also close to downtown and East-side restaurants, bars and clubs. The Whip-in, a close walk, is an eclectic restaurant, bar and live music venue whose origins were a simple corner store. Want some quiet time? Take a walk through the neighborhood to Big Stacy Park, or swim in Big Stacy Pool- open all year round! Travis Heights has the best of everything!
Welcome to Tiny House! Experience Austin like a native in historic Travis Heights, right in the heart of Austin! Tiny House is an easy walk to the best of South Congress (SoCo) and is close to Rainey Street, downtown and Eastside restaurants, bars and clubs with 2 bicycles provided to explore. Big Stacy Pool is a short walk away for those hot summer days, and the Boardwalk on Lady Bird Lake is close by, with easy access to the hike and bike trail.
Tiny House boasts lots of natural light, a private entrance in a separate building and use of the spacious backyard. Special Pricing for SXSW, ACL, FunFunFun Festival, and Grand Prix F1 with a three night minimum on these dates and four night minimum during SXSW Interactive/Film and Music.
- Living Space: queen sofa bed, office area, TV
- Fully Equipped Kitchen: full size refrigerator, microwave, gas range/oven, toaster oven, coffee maker & French press, cookware, silverware, dishes and basic spices
- Full bath with tub & tank-less water heater: towels, shampoo/conditioner, soap, hair dryer provided
- Loft bedroom with skylight: independent coil/memory foam pillow top queen bed, 100% cotton sheets, down alternative comforter & pillows, 2 nightstand/dressers with drawers
- Walk-in closet: lots of hangers, iron and ironing board, beach bag (4 towels, H2O bottles, soft cooler, blanket)
- 42" HDMI ready cable TV
- DVD Player and movies
- Board Games
- Free Wireless Internet
- Private, fenced backyard and fire bowl
- Prepare-your-own breakfast, coffee and tea provided
- Two bikes with locks and lights included
DINING AND ENTERTAINMENT:
- Walk to: The Whip-In (Indian food & bar with live music), Beverage World (liquor, beer and wine), Cash Corner (gas, groceries, beer and wine), Big Stacy Pool and Park, Curra's Grill (Mexican food)
- South Congress Street, SoCo, (.8 miles) is well-known for local Austin shopping and dining: Home Slice Pizza, Jo's (Coffee), Docs (outdoor patio food and drink), Uncommon Objects (antiques and curios), Parts & Labor (local artist creations), Guero's (Tex Mex), Wahoo’s Fish Taco’s, Amy's Ice Cream, Hotel San Jose Bar, Continental Club and Lounge, Farm to Market Grocery, Vespaio and Enoteca Ristorante, Perla's Seafood & Oyster Bar, South Congress Café, Allen's Boots, Lucky Robot Japanese Kitchen
- Downtown: South Congress Bridge (largest Mexican fruit bat colony), The Austin Convention Center, Ironworks BBQ, Sullivan's Steak House, Ginger Man (great beer selection!), Fado Irish Pub, La Condesa
- Rainey Street district (less than 2 miles away): Lustre Pearl, Clive Bar, Bar 96, G'raj Mahal Cafe (Indian Food), Icenhauer's, Bangers Sausage House & Beer Garden, 1/2 Step, the Blackheart Bar, Lucille's
- 6th Street District (only 2 miles away): The Alamo Ritz (movies and sing-a-longs), Easy Tiger (drafts, brats and games), The Jackalope (food and drinks), Casino el Camino (burgers and jukebox!), Beerland (music), Barbarella (dancing), Cheer Ups Charlie's (bar, DJ's and live music)
- The East Side bar and restaurant scene is 2.5 miles away and home to live music and outdoor venues: Yellow Jacket Social Club, Rio Rita, Liberty Bar/Eastside King Trailer, Qui (Paul Qui, winner of Top Chef Texas), White Horse, Violet Crowne, Shangri-La, Hotel Vegas, Gypsy Lounge, Buenos Aires Café, Weather Up, Eastside Showroom, The Volstead Lounge, "Juan in a Million" Mexican restaurant (featured on Man v. Food), Takoba, Longbranch Inn, Eastside Showroom, Justine's Brasserie (a real French Bistro open late!)
- Zilker Park (less than 3 miles away): Home of ACL, Botanical Gardens, Barton Springs, Umlauf Sculpture Garden & Museum
- The Circuit of the America's race track (Formula 1) is 12 miles east. There is a shuttle to F1 track that picks up at the Convention Center. Also home to the X-Games for the next 4 years!
- Big Stacy Neighborhood Park and Pool (spring fed, free & open year round - an easy walk)
- Lady Bird Lake (Town Lake to locals) Hike and Bike Trail and brand new Boardwalk is a short walk away!
- Zilker Park (less than 3 miles away): Barton Springs (spring fed pool, $3), Kayak, Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) and Canoe Rentals available
- 9 miles from the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport: cab, Super Shuttle, Lyft or Uber, Car2Go, or Capital Metro Bus #100 to #7 to Travis Heights Blvd.
- Bus stop on Riverside/Travis Heights (½ mile): Capitol Metro Bus Line #20 and #7 go downtown
- Two bikes included with locks and lights
- Bicycle rentals available from Tsunami Cycles (1 mile) and Austin Bike Tours and Rentals deliver (reserve bikes in advance if you are traveling on a festival weekend).
- Austin Ride Share
This property is registered with the City of Austin and includes 15% hotel tax.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Refundable Damage Deposit||C$267|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.