|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
This quaint Villa is perfect for one or two couples. Located right on North Carolina's largest private recreational lake: 3 miles long and 1 mile wide, with 14 miles of natural meandering shoreline. Your villa feels inviting the minute you unlock the door, with a wood burning stove fireplace that takes off the chill on cool nights. The double patio doors open to a picturesque 180-degree view of the lake and 5,000’ Toxaway Mountain beyond. Includes large flat screen TV (Roku and cable), high-speed internet, great cell phone reception (Verizon), gas/charcoal grill and 2 queen beds. Two sleeper sofas, too. This one bedroom, two bath unit is all that is required for a much needed getaway. Private dock is included. Boat, kayak and paddleboard rentals available on the lake.
At 3,010 feet in elevation, Lake Toxaway was dubbed the “Switzerland of The Americas” for its crisp mountain air, abundant greenery and natural stream fed lake. During the early 1900s, Lake Toxaway was the home and retreat for such notables as Harvey Firestone, Henry Ford, Thomas Edison, George Vanderbuilt and Henry Flagler.
You may never want to explore further than the comfort of your patio’s Adirondack chairs and wood burning chiminea… but if you do, here are a few suggestions:
• Hiking - trails to the Toxaway River and to Schoolhouse Falls brings you in touch with an explanation of why this area of North Carolina is known as The Land of Waterfalls
• Fishing - poles and a fly fishing pole are located in your villa! There are 8 species of fish in 640 acre Lake Toxaway. Rainbow and brown trout, large & small mouth bass, walleye, catfish, shell crackers & blue gill, all game fish. Fishing license can be purchased online at ncwildlife.org.
• Waterfalls – are abundant all around Lake Toxaway. The highest waterfall east of the Rockies is located just 5-miles away. Visitors can enjoy Whitewater Falls by hike or a leisure stroll along its ¼-mile paved walkway to the magnificent upper overlook.
• Golf – there are 4 golf courses to choose from within a 30-minute drive.
• Kayak & Canoe - Headwaters Outfitters offers guided or self-guided kayaking and canoe trips on the French Broad River.
• Explore - Another local attraction known for its stunning scenery is the Blue Ridge Parkway, with 469 miles of National Park roadway.
• Shop - Enjoy the quaint southern charm of local towns, such as Brevard, Cashiers and Highlands.
• Spa - What better way to let the world slip away than with an indulgent spa treatment at The Greystone Inn? Located on Lake Toxaway, just a mile across the lake from your villa.
• Boat Rentals – park a boat at your included backyard dock! Rentals available at Lake Toxaway Marine.
The mountains and forest are very natural with hiking trails and endless streams, falls and trout fishing.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
|Refundable Damage Deposit||C$341.62|
|Departure Cleaning Fee||C$102.49|
Your neighbors are owners. This is a very quiet and respectful community. No Pets or Smoking.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.