|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
The Roche Estate Vineyard Retreat is nestled among their 20-acre vineyard estate in the Carneros Appelation, just 5 miles from downtown Sonoma - a mere 10 minute drive. This 3-bedroom, 2 ½ bath, large ranch home boasts a view from every room. Whether it’s the Chardonnay or Pinot Noir vineyards, the lush vegetable garden and fruit trees, the landscaped grounds or the always inviting pool and hot tub, you’ll enjoy relaxing at this private escape.
Located near a major thoroughfare, the home is just minutes from historic Sonoma Plaza and more than 50 Sonoma, Carneros, and Napa wineries. You will also find dozens of restaurants, historic sites, hiking trails, bike paths, spas, galleries, shops and event facilities a short drive away. Plan to spend your day enjoying the fruits of the Sonoma Valley knowing you’ll return to a quiet and very private country retreat. You can start by relaxing near one of the two indoor fireplaces or maybe enjoy some stargazing at the outside fire pit; or take a dip in the large hot tub or solar-heated pool while watching a game on the outdoor television; maybe cook up a gourmet meal in the spacious kitchen or fire up the grill for a simple barbeque; then eat al fresco next to the pool or enjoy your meal in the enclosed outdoor dining area. Live it up ‘wine country style’ at our home.
The ranch home features an open floor plan combining the family room, casual dining area and well-equipped kitchen, in the main entry you will find a large formal dining and living room and down the hallway are two queen bedrooms and a master king suite.
The casual family room shares an open floor plan with the kitchen and a small dining area. A plush couch and love seat provide ample seating to watch the 55 inch television so you won’t miss a show or game. Or maybe the day or evening turned chilly which means it’s time to light up a fire and snuggle into the couch for some tv time. Perhaps you’d rather play some tunes on the sound system while you prepare the evening’s meal in the roomy kitchen just steps from the vegetable garden. The well equipped kitchen, with granite counter tops and large central island, provides plenty of space for family and friends to cook together or for a hired private chef to prepare your gourmet meal.
Maybe you’re more interested in a formal space to relax and dine? Then use the stately combined living room and formal dining area featuring a grand piano and wall-to-wall hardwood flooring. Light a fire in the living room to enjoy your pre-dinner wine or cocktails while lounging in the comfortable couches. Turn on the inset television to find a music channel to set the mood or maybe someone will play the piano for a little entertainment. Conclude the evening with a gourmet meal at the large dining table with enough seating for 10 people.
All of the bedrooms look onto the sizable back yard, grand redwood trees and vineyards. Two of the bedrooms house queen beds with soft linens and ample closets to store your traveling gear; they share a tiled bath. The master suite, with king bed and a private full bath, opens to the pool patio and front landscaped yard. The home comfortably sleeps 6 people, with a stow-away twin bed and hide-away twin bed in the family room ottoman for two extra sleeping spots.
• The Roche Family happily provides the freshest of seasonal fruits and vegetables to their guests. The property is home to a season vegetable garden and multiple fruit trees: fig, pear, apple, plum, peach and avocado.
• The front yard houses the pool and hot tub, outdoor gas fire pit, hammock under covered eave, outdoor dining area near the pool, pool chaise lounges, enclosed dining area, Weber charcoal bbq. The backyard deck with lounge and dining area overlooks the vineyards and vegetable garden.
• Bird watchers will be entertained by the many wild birds including California quail, mourning doves, Eurasian doves, humming birds, mocking birds, numerous finches and a variety of hawks.
• The house offers wifi and three (3) flat screen televisions, one (1) outdoor flat screen television near the hot tub and pool. A washer and dryer are available for use.
• History lovers should visit the historic Sonoma Plaza with California mission and state historic land marks and the nearby Depot Park Museum and General Vallejo’s Home for a touch of local history.
• For the shoppers in the group, visit all of the shops and boutiques on and surrounding the Plaza then take a break at one of the delis, restaurants or tasting rooms – including Roche Winery’s tasting room.
• To fill your table with fresh produce head over to the Sonoma Farmer’s Market that operates seasonally from May to September, each Tuesday evening beginning at 4:30 pm in Sonoma Plaza, and year round at Depot Park every Friday morning, from 9 am to 12:30 pm.
• For art lovers, visit the Sonoma Valley Museum of Art in downtown Sonoma or head out to the Di Rosa Preserve – just across Hwy 12 from Domaine Carneros – with their outstanding collection of California contemporary art.
• Any nature lover will enjoy visiting one of the numerous hiking trails and nature preserves around the Sonoma Valley in the Sonoma Regional Park or Sugarloaf Ridge State Park. Or maybe walk through some local nature preserves at the Overlook Trail and Montini Preserve.
• For wine touring and tasting you can hop on a bike rented from a local shop or work with a tour or limousine company for the hassle free option of hiring a designated driver.
Sonoma County TOT Certificate #1374N
Book a complimentary tasting at your host's Sonoma winery! The Roche family is pleased to offer a complimentary tasting for all of their guests at their Roche Estate Vineyard Retreat. Join us at our popular downtown Sonoma Tasting Room, where we we offer tasting of 14 different varieties of wines at our indoor or outdoor tasting bars overlooking the Sonoma Square.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
2016/2017 Winter Season
Dec 1 2016 - Mar 31 2017
3 night minimum stay
Apr 1 2017 - Dec 31 2017
3 night minimum stay
|Property Damage Protection||C$130|
|Cleaning Fee||C$426 + Tax|
HOLIDAYS: 4 night minimum, Inquire about pricing
50% IS DUE TO BOOK DATES
50% IS DUE 60 PRIOR TO START OF RENTAL PERIOD
$325 CLEANING FEE, NO EXCEPTIONS.
WE ACCEPT CREDIT CARDS.