|Property type||house boat|
|Minimum Stay||2 - 3 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
* Pristine, serene, IN-CITY private houseboat master SUITE (not the whole houseboat!) on the lovely Willamette River. This is a small, upscale floating home community, the ONLY one actually within Portland proper on the downtown (southwest) side of the lovely Willamette River. Located three miles directly south of the downtown core, but an island of tranquility between checking out the Portland action!
Portland is famous as a mecca for outdoor enthusiasts, wine and beer connoisseurs, garden lovers, foodies, art lovers, water sports - you name it. My houseboat is located right smack in the middle of it all and just seven minutes - 2.2 miles from downtown Portland. And no bridges to cross!
*NOTE: Guests DO NOT have access to the main portion of the house where I live, nor do I have access to your waterfront suite, except in an emergency. There is a private guest entry. While the lower deck is shared with me, I do my best to give my guests privacy most of the time except for those times when I need to water plants, go paddle boarding or whatever. But I have my own decks upstairs, too. :)
The master suite has a private deck entrance, bath and sitting area. Gorgeous new cedar deck. (Shared with me.) Enjoy wildlife, fish, swim, sip wine by the river-rock gas fire pit. Faces west to park setting and beautiful sunsets.
* You've never slept on a bed this comfortable! A lush new memory foam queen mattress with Pottery Barn linens and plenty of great pillows.
* Private bath with tiger bamboo flooring, nine-foot cedar ceilings, double granite sinks, heated towel racks, heated bidet, and 6-ft soaking tub which is a shower/tub combo.
*A small nook is located off the sitting area with a good-sized bar fridge, microwave, Kuerig coffee maker, and tea maker.
* Guests must sign waiver to use bikes.
* Nice-sized refrigerator with small freezer
* Dishes, glasses & utensils included
* Kuerig coffee pot, coffee and half & half
* Electric hot water pot with local Steven Smith tea!
* Hair dryer, shampoo, conditioner, lotion included
* Alfresco dining table for six.
* Beach towels included.
* River rock gas fire pit on deck for those lovely evenings by the fire with your glass of wine
* A small safe is provided for your valuables.
* Includes use of 2 adult mountain bikes. (Helmets must be worn and locks used.)
* Wifi, of course.
* 42-inch wide screen TV with Roku for Netflix, Pandora, etc. Local stations are very limited.
* Electric candles are provided. (No candles may be burned inside.)
* Iron and ironing board
* Local food and activity guides provided. (Leave your comments!)
* 2- 7 min to great food, bars, shops on this side of Willamette and in quaint Sellwood community, just over the bridge.
* Just over bridge from Sellwood Farmer's Market on Wednesday afternoons
* Natural grocery store/deli - 300 yards away (Zupan's); and New Season's (1.5 miles, 7 minutes)
PLEASE NOTE: No cooking in the room other than heating in the microwave. Lots of great restaurants nearby!
(In-between eating and drinking!)
* Oak Park just across the river for beaching, summer concerts, walking the nature paths. and historic amusement park
* Riverfront Loop - Great biking path right by the houseboat which connects to Springwater Corridor just over the Sellwood Bridge. - An easy 11-mile loop through downtown Portland with fun brewpubs and restaurants along the way.
*Rent stand-up paddle boards and kayaks within a half mile of houseboat.
* International Test Rose Gardens - (4.7 miles, 15 min drive, overlooking downtown) Stunning rose gardens famous the world over with astounding city views!
* Portland Zoo : great summer concerts, gorgeous zoo! (13 min,, 5.6 miles)
* Edgefield McMenamin's: Fabulous outdoor music venue, with small golf course, and amazing, eclectic, historic hotel with about a dozen unique bars to wander through. Used to be an old poorhouse. Great place to spend the night and use their outdoor soaking tubs!
THE SURROUNDING SIGHTS
(If you ever get tired of all that vibrant, eclectic Portland offers!)
* Multnomah Waterfalls: (38min., 33 miles) Hike the trails or just gawk at this famous two-tiered, 620-foot waterfall - the tallest in Oregon. Well worth a stop on your way to nearby hiking!
* Willamette Valley Wine Country: (45. min. southwest) 440 wineries, 17,000 acres of vineyards with 75% devoted to the area's world-class Pinot Noirs. Make a day!
* Spectacular hiking, fishing, skiing on Mount Hood just over an hour east.
* Stunning beaches 1 hour west to the fabled Oregon Coast
* Hood River: (1:10 min., 68 miles) This windsurfing, kite-surfing, beer and wine mecca sits on the Columbia River. Well worth a day trip! Go thirty minutes up the backside of Mt. Hood to hiking and skiing at Mt. Hood Meadows and Timberline Lodge.
SOME OTHER NOTES:
* Check-in: 3pm Check-out: 11am (** Both firm unless other arrangements are made with me before your stay.) Please let me know your arrival time by at least 48 hours before your stay so I can plan to meet you and give you the quick tour.
** IMPORTANT: Individual liability releases MUST be signed upon arrival by all parties BEFORE use of recreational equipment.
* I do NOT accept children under 15 years of age for water safety reasons. I love kids but it can be dangerous here with unprotected dock edges EVERYWHERE!
* Absolutely no pets, although, yes, I love dogs and have a very gentle 50-lb labradoodle.
* No more than TWO PERSONS per stay. There is only one queen bed and no room for an air mattress or sleeping on the deck. Sorry! And no, they cannot sleep on the couch.
* No parties of any kind are allowed, other than small dinners on the deck. Sorry, this is NOT the place for your next bachelorette or bachelor party. ( ...Heavy drinking and/or partying do NOT mix with houseboat risks of living on top of water.
* Bugs? Actually, we get VERY FEW mosquitoes because of the moving water. Occasional other bugs but minimal. :)
Business or pleasure - Bring your sunglasses and bathing suit!
* Only 10 car minutes south of downtown Portland, 15-20 min. by bike along riverfront trail;
•Three miles north of downtown Lake Oswego
• 2 miles from downtown Portland (7 minutes)
• 2.4 miles to OHSU tram (8 minutes) (or drive to OHSU in 12 min.)
• 6 miles to Portland State University (12 min.)
• 16 miles to Nike (27 min.)
• 18 miles from Intel in Hillsboro (32 min.)
• Bus line just 1 block away
CHECK-IN: 3PM CHECK-OUT: 11AM
* NOTE ABOUT SEASICK QUESTIONS: My houseboat - floating home, technically - is VERY stable. You may notice a very SLIGHT movement once a day or less, but mostly you will not even know you are on a floating home. That has never been an issue with anyone down here in big homes like mine. In addition, I am on the inside on something like a lagoon, so I miss the main channel turbulence. Plus, my entire float was completely rebuilt this year (2015) to add even more stability so, no, you won't get seasick! That being said, there's always a first...
** Please note that due to dangerous conditions on the river at various times of year, KAYAKS and PADDLE BOARDS will NOT be available for use from NOVEMBER 15 - MARCH 31.
** I also reserve the right to limit kayak and bicycle usage during other times of year under any of the following circumstances:
* I deem weather or river conditions are not safe
* I believe a person is under the influence of a substance that may impair them
* I believe a person is not fit enough to be safe.
THIS IS FOR YOUR OWN PROTECTION!
The Willamette River (like most rivers) can be deceptively peaceful. Winter currents were measured at 35mph right off the dock just last February. Fifth foot trees -with roots still attached- were racing by our window! I want to keep my guests safe so they'll come back...
We are the ONLY houseboat community in southwest Portland and one of only three such communities on the Willamette River. Literally ten minutes out of wonderful downtown Portland where you can eat, drink and shop to your heart's content. Or cross the river to historic/vintage inspired Sellwood, and SE and NE Portland for eclectic foodie heaven. Wine country is 45 min. west, the gorgeous coast an hour west. Ski Mt. Hood 1:15 min east. Paddle board rental and lessons are available five minutes away on the river, as well as kayaks.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Jun 1 2017 - Oct 15 2017
3 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Refundable Damage Deposit||C$197|
|Cleaning Fee||C$79 + Tax|
Rates are subject to change before reservation is confirmed by full payment.
* CANCELLATION POLICY: Full refund if canceled at least THIRTY days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled within 30 days of your arrival. NO REFUND if within 7 days of arrival. Thanks for understanding! This is a business, folks.
** NO PETS, so please don't ask. I love dogs and have a labradoodle on the premises, but there isn't room. And it can be dangerous.
** Parking is limited to ONE car.
** We are respectful of each others privacy and quiet hours here at the marina, and all live very close to each other. If you are extremely loud or disrespectful during quiet hours (roughly 10 or 11pm to 8am) I reserve to the right to make you leave and refund half your money. Please - I don't want to do that!
** And finally, just so you know, five percent of my proceeds go to help the homeless in Portland. I am lucky to have a beautiful home and feel fortunate to be able to help others who don't. :)