|Minimum Stay||30 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Our bright, beautiful, 860sqft garden suite with private entrance is in popular Kitsilano – close to 5 beaches, lots of shopping, Granville Island, downtown, UBC, and transit. It's on the exclusive, quiet Point Grey Rd, just steps away from the Pacific Ocean and sleeps 6 people.
The garden suite is in the lower level of our house, accessed from the backyard. It has a living room with 50” internet-enabled Smart TV and WiFi and a pullout queen-sized sofa bed. The connected kitchenette has electric stove, microwave, dishwasher, utensils, coffee maker, expandable kitchen table, and your own washer and dryer. There’s one small bathroom with tub/shower. Each of the large 2 bedrooms have Hilton-hotel-quality queen size beds with hotel-quality sheets, cozy down duvets and both down and polyfill pillows, plus extra blankets. The south facing private backyard is surrounded by 15 foot hedges and has a BBQ and there’s two bicycles for your use.
The suite comes stocked with pots, pans, toaster, plates, tea kettle, cutlery, china, glasses, child friendly plastic bowls/plates, rice bowls, rice cooker. Linens, bedding, bathroom towels, hair dryer provided. Vacuum, broom, mop, iron, ironing board, emergency lights, night lights, umbrella, hair dryer, tea kettle, full length mirror. Let us know if you need a child's play pen/crib.
Our location is SUPERB, situated on the ‘golden mile’, along the posh Point Grey Road and steps away from the pacific ocean. You’re in walking distance, or a short 10 minute car ride, to 5 beaches, great restaurants, several shopping districts, downtown and Robson Street, Granville Island, English Bay, the University of British Columbia and more. Point Grey Road is restricted to residential traffic only so the neighborhood is quiet, safe, and a favorite of joggers, bikers, and families out for a walk, and there’s lots of parking in front of our house. If you’re coming with kids, there are two small neighborhood parks literally steps away, one with a play set.
Coming for the beach experience? Across the street (and next to the most expensive home in British Columbia – a $57.6 million dollar mansion owned by the founder of Lululemon) is access to a neighborhood rocky beach with a fabulous view of the ocean, ships in the harbor, the sunset and the North Shore mountains. If you want sandy beaches and to sunbathe, hang out with the younger crowd, swim laps or let the kids splash in a wading pool, walk 10 minutes to the famous Kits Beach, the home of the Celebration of Lights fireworks competition every July and August. If you want to rent a sailboat, ocean kayak, paddle board or skimboard, you’re a 10 minute walk to Jericho Beach. If you prefer volleyball, beach barbecues, long walks, jogging, or watching spectacular sunsets and dogs frolicking in the surf, then walk a few minutes past Jericho and Locarno beaches to the fabulous Spanish Banks beach. Wreck Beach for nudists, is a 15 minute drive.
Like shopping? You’re close to lots! We love walking to the world famous tourist mecca of Granville Island Market for our fresh produce and baked goods, artisan crafts or to take in live theater or eat at the Sandbar or Bridges restaurants. From our door it’s just a 3 minute walk to the trendy West 4th Avenue, where you can shop at the IGA for groceries, feast at Vancouver’s most well known vegetarian spot the Naam, or walk 5 minutes up the hill to the trendier shops like Whole Foods, Lululemon, the North Face, Hip Baby, Spa on the Rocks and more. Broadway is just a 6 minute walk with LOTS of interesting shops for old and young, markets and restaurants. Hop on the bus and in about 10 minutes you’ll be downtown where you can shop the famous Robson Street, the Bay, Holt Renfrew, Pacific Center, or Nordstroms (opening fall 2015). Or take the bus to South Granville, another great place to shop and check out the art galleries.
Are you a foodie? There are TONS of great restaurants, ethnic eateries, organic cafes and fresh food stores within walking distance - on West 4th Avenue, Broadway, and Cornwall (along Kits Beach). For beach and sunset views eat at the Boathouse Restaurant on Kits Beach or for more of a 'dive' experience head to the Gallery Patio and Grill at Jericho. A 3 minute walk will get you to your morning latte at Starbucks or Artistry Cafe.
Relying on the bus? There are bus stops within a 3 minute walk that will get you to a skytrain station, downtown, to shopping, or to the university. Vancouver has a great transit system with a skytrain that goes to Burnaby, Surrey, New Westminster and the airport.
Want to bike? If you need more than the two bikes available with the property, you can walk 10 minutes to West 4th and Alma and rent bikes from the House of Chain.
Using a car? There's plenty of free street parking in front of the house.
Please make note of these terms:
- 3 night minimum.
- 3:00 pm check in, 10:00 am check out. (There is a $50/hr fee for every hour you're over the check out time)
- A guest must be 25 years of age to reserve a stay in our home. Children are welcome providing a parent or guardian is 25 or older and also staying on the property.
- We also request a contact address, phone number, and copy of a driver's license of the guest booking and confirmation of how many guests will be staying.
- The entrance door has an easy to remember personalized digital code, so there's no need to pick up or return keys during your stay.
- Bring your own beach towels and beach blankets if you're coming in the summer.
- The main floor/upstairs of our house is also available for rent (at an extra cost) and it may also be rented to other guests while you're staying in the garden suite. In that case, you'll share the backyard, BBQ and bikes.
- If there are renters upstairs, please remove your shoes at the door, and keep your music, TV, and noise to reasonable levels. We'll ask them to give you this same courtesy.
- Out of respect for our neighbors, parties are not allowed, and quiet time outside in the backyard or porches is from 10pm to 8am.
- No tents in the backyards, RV's or cars parking on the lawn.
- If you use the backyard barbecue please clean it.
- You're welcome to use the umbrella, flash lights, bikes, and Vancouver guides and maps during your visit, but please return them before checking out.
- Keep the property and all furnishings and appliances in good order.
- Only use appliances for their intended uses.
- Sorry, no smoking or pets in the home or on the property.
- If you use the bikes, make sure you lock them any time they're unattended, and lock them in the backyard shed when you're finished with them.
- Before checking out, please tidy up, put all used towels in the bathtub or shower, load and start the dishwasher if you have dirty dishes, put garbage in the trash bins in backyard, and place recyclables in the recycling bin in the porch.
- We do not live in the house, but we work and live in the area, so can be there quickly if you need us.
- The owner and property managers are not liable for any accidents, injuries, illnesses, or loss of personal belongings or valuables incurred by you or your guests while staying on the property.
Most of all, enjoy yourselves. Vancouver is a fabulous place to visit.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Oct 1 2016 - May 31 2017
30 night minimum stay
Jun 1 2017 - Sep 30 2017
30 night minimum stay
|Refundable Damage Deposit||C$250|
|Cleaning fee||C$150 + Tax|
A late checkout fee of $50 per each hour and portion of hour past the 10:00am checkout time will be charged.
Maximum occupancy is 6 people.
100% refundable if cancelled 30 days prior to checkin.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.