|Minimum Stay||4 nights|
We aim for your stay at New Holland House to be an authentic Amsterdam experience, not just a rental. Top 10 reasons to stay at New Holland House:
1. Guests rent the entire house. This is extremely rare in Amsterdam - most canal houses have been divided into a number of smaller apartments. There are 2 bedrooms, 2 living rooms (one can be used as a 3rd bedroom), a large dining area, spacious chef's kitchen, 2 bathrooms, a laundry, a quaint patio and more. Basement is excluded.
2. Location, location, location. New Holland House overlooks the famous Pulitzer Hotel (of Oceans 12 fame!). Anne Frank House, "De Negen Straatjes" (9 Streets) shopping area, Dam Square/Royal Palace and the old cobbled streets of Jordaan are all at your doorstep. In all directions, restaurants, cafes, art galleries, boutique retail shopping, markets, Dam Square/Royal Palace are all within the immediate vicinity. A supermarket, tram stop and taxi rank is just around the corner !
3. Picture perfect house - quite possibly the most photographed in Amsterdam! The combination of a 1740s monument old merchant's home, beautifully restored, with vibrant seasonal flowers in the window box provides an instant 'Wow' factor. You will be the envy of the passers by who frequently stop on the Prinsengracht to admire the house, and take a quick snap.
4. Daydream away with the canal views. The house is angled to overlook the Prinsengracht (and the Pulitzer Hotel) and the furniture is designed to maximise the aspect. Gaze out from the vintage French seat on the ground floor, the beautiful French desk on the first floor or the luxurious lounge on the first floor. It is truly captivating to watch the Amsterdammers walk, cycle and boat by New Holland House.
5. Unique character and charm - a masterpiece. As Owners, we have invested significant time, effort and cost in acquiring local paintings, furnishings, artefacts, books and antiques to give the house a cosy lived-in charm. Many rental properties (including expensive properties) have a minimalist approach or leave the shelves empty. This house we have made the way we (and Amsterdammers of old) would like to live there
6. Hotel quality, 5 star Hotel luxury : linen, towels and product are luxury hotel grade (and acquired directly from hotels or hotel suppliers). Cleaning standards are set at the professional hotel level. Many Amsterdam rentals may also look great, but are more economic in the products they use (if provided), and do not invest the same premium in the level of comfort for guests.
7. Wake up and smell the coffee! Coming from Melbourne, top notch coffee is an absolute must. The top of the range Jura coffee machine grinds the beans fresh for each cup of coffee, is simple to use and makes superb coffee - from an expresso right through to a latte or cappuccino ! Few apartments would have invested in coffee like New Holland House !
8. A fully equipped Chef's kitchen. The kitchen is large, spacious and with everything you need, making cooking in Amsterdam all part of the experience - from an extra large 6 burner stove and oven, to a blender, or Villeroy and boch crockery, its all there ! Try visiting the Noordermarkt farmer's markets on Saturdays, or any number of nearby supermarkets or organic markets to inspire you in the kitchen!
9. Amsterdammer bikes included. Guests are welcome to use (without additional cost) the owner's top range Batavas Personal Bikes. These have been selected because they are unisex, reliable, easy to use and easy to adjust the seat height ..... and they look great! The cost of 2 rental bikes would be around Euro 25 per day, and not of this quality. This is a real bonus that is unique to New Holland House.
10. Little extra's and luxuries included. Apart from the bikes, guest also receive a welcoming supply of Hotel style shampoo/conditioner, body wash and soaps. There is also an initial supply of toilet paper, dish washing tablets, washing machine powder, spare garbage bags - even coffee beans for the machine ! Most short term rentals in Amsterdam do not supply all of these items. Although the house may be old, it has been beautifully renovated, and includes modern luxuries you would expect - including high speed internet WIFI, Bluray player (together with DVD collection), and Cable TV.
New Holland House is in the historic heart of Amsterdam, in the neighbouring block to Anne Frank House.
De Negen Straatjes (9 small shopping streets nestled between canal bridges) start just across the canal.
The house overlooks the famous Pulitzer Hotel (of Oceans 12 / George Clooney / Brad Pitt fame).
Tram stops, Canal boat stops, taxi ranks are all within 100m.
Supermarkets are within 100m, and a number of great organic supermarkets are in the area.
Fantastic restaurant streets and cool cafes/bars are to be found in the beautiful cobbled streets of Jordaan in the area surrounding the house.
Dam square and The Royal Palace is a few minutes away walking through the 9 streets.
An amazing central location in the most interesting part of Amsterdam.
The Museums, Vondelpark and other areas of Amsterdam are all in walking or riding distance. Luxury bikes (2) are provided with the house.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
|Cleaning fee||C$141.43 + Tax|
Amsterdammer bikes x2 are available to use (riders responsibility basis) - saves daily rental of euro 10-15 and the bikes are much better than your typical tourist bike. A great way to discover Amsterdam !
Cleaning fee of Euro 95 applies
7 night stays - shorter stays on application
Amsterdam tourist tax (5%) of rental is added to rental charge
Initial supply of soap/shampoo, dishwasher powder, washing powder, toilet paper, coffee beans provided