|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Message us for unpublished Rate Specials for Summer Season (June through September)!
Step back in time when you stay in this lovingly restored, rare and authentic southern Arizona historic jewel.
Built in 1930 by local Judge Oliver Rothrock, Casa Encanta retains its' ample original patina and magic.
This charming, artisan-constructed bungalow was built using raw-mud adobe brick and almost-forgotten local building methods... back when the West was still wild.
The cozy walls are 11 inches thick -- naturally keeping you warm in winter and cool in summer.
With 2 bright, sunny bedrooms, 1 gorgeous full bath, Casa Encanta can comfortably sleep 4 people.
For a larger party, consider renting both Casa Encanta (main house) along with Casita Encanta (guest house). The casita sleeps 2 adults, and has 1 bedroom and 1 full bath. Please note, both the casa and the casita are designed as adults-only getaway spaces.
Since 2006, many sensitive improvements have been made by local artisans, including:
- Gas-fired fireplace with cantera limestone mantel and surround
- Vintage front porch columns
- Concrete kitchen countertops
- High-end Bertazzoni Italian professional gas range
- Multiple skylights
- Glass-walled conservatory (aka 'Arizona Room') in the garden, cleverly constructed of re-purposed vintage French doors as window walls
- Imported antique Mexican leaded glass double doors in bedroom
- Authentic Mexican saltillo floor tile in bathroom
- Mexican tile and glass block shower surround
- Vintage hardwood floors and rough pine ceiling beams and moldings
- And many more details to the delight the eye of old-house-lovers everywhere
Casa Encanta features:
- 2 Bedrooms, each with a new premium pillow-top queen bed and luxurious linens
- 1 conservatory / 'Arizona Room'
- 1 full bathroom with bidet and custom Mexican tile and glass block shower
- Gas-fired forced-air central heating and air conditioning
- Wireless internet included
- Large flat-screen TV with satellite and premium movie channels
- Towels and linens are provided
- Your own private yard and garden
- A full kitchen, very nicely equipped with most of what you need to create magnificent meals -- except the chef and the food itself!
Casa Encanta is nestled right in the heart of the funky, artsy and eclectic town of Patagonia.
The powerful nostalgia of the generously-sized, tin-roof-covered front porch invites you to stop and relax, sip lemonade, catch up on conversation, breathe some fresh air and take in the sweet mountain setting and sound of birdsong.
Casa Encanta has a partial view of the Patagonia Mountain range, Red Mountain and Mount Wrightston in the Santa Rita Mountains.... and birds, birds, birds.
There's an iron patio set on the back patio that seats 4, and a rustic Mexican stamped-tin patio table that seats 2 on the kitchen patio. On the front porch, enjoy an old fashioned rocker, vintage wicker settee, coffee table and club chair.
- Free wireless internet inside and outside the casa
- New 32' flat-screen TV with DirecTV satellite and premium channels
- Comfy mattresses in bedrooms
- Private entrance gate with private fenced yard and garden
- Parking for 3 vehicles
- Warm and cozy gas-burning fireplace
- New commercial-grade washer and dryer
- Dining table seats 4
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD
'Patagonia is an eclectic, funky, little artisan town that loves to be discovered.'
Step back... to a place steeped in the mining, ranching, and railroad history that built the West. Step back to a place where residents share stories at the post office and local businesses are still owned by local people... no traffic signals and no chain stores.
The town of Patagonia is appropriately proud of its history and distinctive character. The community is quirky, warm and funky and likes it that way. Patagonia is filled with a surprising diversity of eccentric, creative, neighborly folks from all walks of life embodying a distinct 'Live and Let Live' feeling, while loving and celebrating what makes Patagonia so authentically itself.
Situated at just over 4,000 feet elevation, between the Santa Rita Mountains and the Patagonia Mountains, our village is nestled in the lush, extraordinarily bio-diverse riparian corridor of Sonoita Creek.
The area’s scenic beauty and unique ecology boast the greatest diversity of plant and animal species to be found in the continental United States.
With its' favorable climate and a growing colony of artisans and artists, Patagonia is a soft, colorful spot in which to land and explore. Birders, fishermen and hikers share the streets with shoppers looking for that perfect and unique gift -- and everyone revels in the year-round delightful weather.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Cleaning Fee||C$127 + Tax|
Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.