|Minimum Stay||10 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Apologies to potential guests needing a quick reply. We recently had a baby and are currently living in this penthouse loft so I haven't been cognizant to check my vrbo inbox in a timely manner so my response rate as of late has not been swift. We would consider renting to guests staying for a minimum 10 days, maximum 14 days only, to make it worth our while of moving all the baby gear out for the duration of your stay. Please send me an email to call you so we can discuss your dates. Thanks for your understanding.
The space summarized:
• Penthouse loft with roof deck and panoramic views of mountains & cityscape of downtown Vancouver (sleeps 4)
• 1 bedroom with queen bed & new pillow-top mattress (upstairs mezzanine open-concept loft bedroom)
• Large living room with 20 ft ceiling & high windows, sofa-bed (double) & gas fireplace!
• Fully equipped kitchen, 1 full bathroom with tub/shower, in-suite washer & dryer
• Includes wifi internet, flat screen TV with Netflix/Youtube, electricity, heat, hot water, gas fire, air conditioner, multi-speed ceiling fan, secure bicycle locker, free unlimited street parking (extras with advance special arrangements: pets, home-cooked meals, personal shopping)
The full description that will make you want to stay here:
Recently renovated penthouse loft with a huge outdoor patio boasting panoramic views of the mountains & City of Vancouver. Take the elevator to the top floor roof deck to enter your home away from home. Enter the open-plan suite with 15-20 foot ceilings and high reaching windows on the north and south sides allowing an abundance of natural light to flow throughout. Floating above the living room & kitchen is the open concept mezzanine loft bedroom with queen sized bed & brand new hotel quality pillow-top queen mattress that sleeps 2 people. The living room has hardwood floors, cozy area rugs & a slate accented gas fireplace, stylishly furnished with mid-century modern and contemporary furniture including a comfortable Eames chair & ottoman plus a Bauhaus style sofa bed that folds down to sleep 2 extra people (double size). A desk with comfy swivel chair, desk lamp & powerbar provide you an office space and charging station for your lap top, cell phone and electronics.
In the kitchen: granite counters, glass mosaic tiles, slate floors with black appliances including ice dispensing fridge, stove/oven, microwave, coffee-maker, toaster, blender, slow cooker, crock pot, popcorn maker, a dishwasher & granite top prep island. Relish the northern mountain view from the dining table that seats 4 people. Our modern kitchen is stocked with all your cooking essentials (A Vitamix blender is available for rent if you can’t live without one – your host happens to be a Vitamix Sales Rep). In-suite washer & dryer, white subway tile bathtub/shower with granite counter & slate floors in the bathroom.
Enjoy the massive roof top terrace just outside your front door with your own private patio furniture (seats 8 people) for outdoor dining, suntan in our reclining lounge chairs or make friends with our lovely neighbours at the communal picnic tables at the other end of the roof deck, get your grill on with 2 gas BBQs but most of all… fall in love with our stunning view of snow-capped mountains & the metropolis of the city just minutes away, watch the crimson sunset or sunrise on our beautiful city.
Located in the False Creek Flats, you are within walking distance of: our rapid transit system - Main Street-Science World Skytrain Station (3 blocks away), Olympic Village Square (4 blocks away, complete with waterfront promenade, public plaza, grocery supermarket, restaurants, brew pub/tap room, bakery & coffee shop, pet store, walk-in clinic, dry cleaning, bank, food trucks & boat rentals), hipster Mount Pleasant, bohemian Strathcona, colourful Chinatown, trendy Yaletown, SoMa Art District, Fairview Heights & a short taxi-ride or 30 minute walk into Downtown Vancouver’s vibrant shopping & financial district. Take the colourful and cute Aquabus up and down False Creek and watch the kayaks and dragon boats, or enjoy a 30min walk along Vancouver’s famous picturesque seawall that will take you to Granville Island Public Markets where you can shop for fresh local food & unique artisan crafts, then gawk at yachts, boathouses and Emily Carr art students on campus. Or take bicycles further along the relaxed seawall route to the beaches of Kitsilano, English Bay or Stanley Park, voted the #1 Urban Park in the world. Our penthouse is located ideally for a walking or biking tour of many local breweries & restaurants plus hundreds of tourist attractions. Adults and children can be entertained rain or shine, being closely situated to major venues for sporting events, trade shows and concerts at Canada Place Conference Center, BC Place Stadium or Rogers Arena, Science World & i-max theatre, the Vancouver Aquarium, golf courses, Stanley Park, pitch & putt, Queen Elizabeth Park’s frisbee golf, tennis courts, floral tropical conservatory & botanical gardens, Capilano fish hatchery & suspension bridge, world class ski, snowboard & cross country mountains such as Grouse, Cypress, Seymour & Whistler Blackcomb.
Free street parking or a secure underground parking spot is available for an additional cost. Book for a week and get underground parking for free. We have a couple of extra bikes for rent as well if you want to take a culinary or craft beer tour of our diverse city.
Getting here from the airport, a taxi door to door in 21 minutes or take public transport via skytrain to Olympic Village Station & a short bus-ride all within 35 minutes.
If you are an artist, business person or vendor, the building has a gallery space/amenities room with washroom that can be rented depending on availability. It is ideal for an art exhibit, pop-up shop or sample sale, business meetings or presentation pitches (2 long tables and a dozen chairs provided). A separate refundable damage deposit and daily rental rate is applicable for use of this gallery space. Bookings must be made well in advance.
Notes & Policies:
• The communal side of the roof deck is also getting new benches, picnic tables & covered gazebos for shade over the BBQs so some of the roof deck photos will be updated soon, your personal patio space in front of the suite is still the same.
• This is strictly a non-smoking suite. You're most welcome to smoke outside on the roof deck with the door to the suite closed. Please be respectful of other neighbours who may have their doors open. Smoking inside the suite may result in loss of your damage deposit.
• Children are welcome. Some games are provided.
• Small house-trained pets are considered with a nominal fee. ($10/day for small non-shedding dogs, $15/day for all other dogs)
• We appreciate you kindly advise who will be staying with you, maximum 4 overnight guests. No unregistered overnight guests however a small quiet gathering to entertain some friends for a few hours is welcome (ie. a roof deck BBQ or cocktail party for 8 people max), after all our panoramic mountain & city views are something to brag about.
• Check-in from 4pm-7pm, Check-out by 11am promptly. Arrivals or departures outside of these times require advanced special arrangements, subject to availability and are subject to an additional charge if really late. Having said that we are flexible, kindly discuss with me in advance.
• Additional housekeeping services can be arranged for an extra cost.
• The street accessed lobby, elevator, roof deck patio and main floor of the suite (kitchen/dining room and living room with sofa-bed) are wheelchair accessible; however, the main bedroom with queen bed is only accessible by stairs and the bathroom is not ideal for wheelchairs. There is a handrail only on one side of the stairs to mezzanine; the other side is open therefore young children must be supervised at all times.
Distance from the penthouse loft to Vancouver’s famous attractions:
Pacific Centre Shopping Mall, Robson Street high street fashion & boutique shops & Granville Street theatres & clubs, Vancouver Art Gallery, historic cobblestoned Gastown: 3 km (1.8 miles)
Granville Island Public Market, Emily Carr University of Art & Design: 4 km (2.5 miles)
Kitsilano Beach & Outdoor Swimming Pool, English Bay Beach: 5 km (3.1 miles)
Stanley Park (#1 urban park in the world): 6 km (3.7 miles)
Jericho Beach, Spanish Banks, Wreck Beach, Museum of Anthropology, UBC: 7-13 km (4-8 miles)
Capilano Suspension Bridge: 11 km (6.8 miles)
Vancouver International Airport YVR: 13 km (8 miles)
Grouse Mountain, Cypress Mountain, Mount Seymour: 15-20 km (9–12 miles)
Horseshoe Bay Ferry Terminal to Vancouver Island, Sunshine Coast & Bowen Island: 24 km (15 miles)
Tsawwassen Ferry Terminal to Victoria, Vancouver Island: 34 km (21 miles)
Whistler Blackcomb Mountain: 123 km (76 miles)
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
10 night minimum stay
|Refundable Damage Deposit||C$500|
This is strictly a non-smoking suite. You're most welcome to smoke outside on the roof deck with the door to the suite closed. Please be respectful of other neighbours who may have their doors open. Smoking inside the suite may result in loss of your damage deposit. We reserve the right to ask you to leave without refund should we get any major complaints from neighbors regarding your stay.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.