|Minimum Stay||2 - 3 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Welcome to our 3 bedroom, 3 bath home. We hope you enjoy “Adler Hutte” (German for “Eagle’s Hut”) as much as we do. As a retired Air Force Colonel (eagle rank insignia) and former fighter pilot who spent 13 years in Germany, my wife and I felt this was an appropriate name for our “Get Away”. During our days in the US Air Force, we traveled extensively in Bavaria, the southern part of Germany, which includes the German Alps. That is why we like this little village of Bavarian Helen so much and why we come here to get away when we can. Since this is our home, you will notice many personal items (many from Germany) that we leave here. We request that you respect them as you would for any home that you visit.
Thank you for not smoking inside and please use caution with open flames and cigarette ashes when outside.
There are lots of things to see and do, including playing golf on the lovely Innsbruck course. Don't forget to ask for discounted rate as guests of the Proctor’s. This is also a great place to hike or just relax, enjoy the peace and quiet, and let the stresses of everyday life pass you by.
All the comforts of home can be found here in the serene and tranquil gated resort community of Innsbruck, located inside the city limits and just minutes from the hustle and bustle of downtown Bavarian Helen, home of the longest Octoberfest east of the Mississippi River. Put your feet up in front of the welcoming gas fireplace and enjoy the flat screen TV. Fix a meal in the kitchen and eat inside, or outside on either the private front or back deck (I prefer the front deck in the morning overlooking the valley when the occasional flock of geese will flyover heading to the golf course lakes). Try the Golf Course Grill for lunch or early evening snack along with its free WI-FI (Site and Password: InnsbruckGuest).
When you're ready to venture out, enjoy golf at the guest rate of $25/person (midweek) or $35/person (weekend) for up to 6 people per day, including GPS golf carts; take a dip in the resort’s refreshing pool; play a rousing game of tennis; head downtown for some local shopping or dining; tube down the Chattahoochee; or take a ride around town in one of the horse drawn carriages. When you return home, get a good night's sleep in either of the three bedrooms, each with its own bathroom.
SPECIALS Dec 1 – May 15: Book 2 nights and get 3rd night FREE!
Specials: Book 3 nights and get 4th night FREE! Book 5 nights get 2 FREE!
HOLIDAYS: The following holidays require 3 nights minimum: Easter; Memorial Day; July 4th; Labor Day; Christmas. Thanksgiving requires 4 nights minimum.
Military (active or retired) receive 5% discount.
CLEANING/RESORT FEE OF $100 AND 15% TAXES (State, City, Resort) ARE EXTRA..
MINIMUM STAY IS 2 NIGHTS. Specials do not apply to holiday periods. Over holiday periods, rates increase 15-20%.
• No Pets
• Children Welcome
• Not Wheelchair Accessible
• Renter must be a responsible adult over 21.
• Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
• Upstairs Master Bedroom: 1 King
• Main Floor: 1 queen
• Main Floor: 1 bunk bed and one trundle bed: Sleeps 4.
Bathrooms: 3 Full Bathrooms with Showers
Kitchen & Dining
• Kitchen: All the comforts of home - refrigerator, stove, microwave, coffee maker, blender, toaster, pots, pans, utensils, and dishwasher
• Dining Area Seats: 6
• Bar seats 4
• Linens Provided:
All bed sheets, blankets, pillows, pillow cases, kitchen and bath towels provided.
• Washing Machine and Clothes Dryer:
• Gas Fireplace in living room
• Central Air Conditioning
• Paved Parking for 3 to 4 cars
• Central Heat
• Discounted golf included for up to six people each day of your stay; guests pay $25/person midweek or $35/weekend (includes GPS cart rental). Beautiful mountain golf course. Use of the seasonal resort community pool and tennis courts is also included with your stay. Great trout fishing close by at Smithgall Woods or Duke's Creek.
• Cable TV
• Music:Stereo system, with CDs provided.
• CD/ DVD Player
• WI-FI Broadband Access: Free WI-FI with good signal is available at the golf course restaurant. Site access is "innsbruckguest" and password is the same
• Communal Pool: Community pool is located next to the tennis courts (first road to the left as you go thru the gate).
• 2 private decks with picnic table and chairs. Gas grill on rear deck
• Golf Course View Across Street:
• Mountain View
• Boating/Sailing at Nearby Unicoi State Park
• Hot Air Ballooning (seasonal)
• Rock Climbing
• Wildlife Viewing
• Horseback Riding
• Wine tasting
• Miniature Golf (3 Courses)
• Sight Seeing
• Mountain Biking
Located in the foothills of Northeastern Georgia, Helen is located on the banks of the Chattahoochee River and 90 miles northeast of Atlanta. The village is decorated in the German Bavarian theme. Golf, hiking, waterfalls,winery tours and relaxing are the favorite activities.
Driving instructions are as follows:
From Atlanta take I-85 north direction Greenville/Gainesville. HOV lane becomes a toll lane shortly after leaving downtown and continues until Mile Marker 90. You will need a Georgia Peach Pass or Florida Sun Pass for tolls. There are no collection booths. If you don’t have a pass and use the toll road, a picture of your license will be taken and the bill sent for collection with an added collection fee. What you do with that is up to you. Not sure if they take your home and first born if you don’t pay.
2. Take I-985 north (Exit 113 direction Gainesville). I-985 will become SR 365/US 23 about 5 miles after leaving I-985. About 42 miles after leaving I-85 watch for sign to Helen and Unicoi State Park. Get in left lane and turn left at the light onto SR 384 (Duncan Bridge Road). Travel 16 miles and turn right onto SR 75. Follow signs for 3 miles to Helen.
3. Jut prior to Helen you will pass thru Nacoochee Valley, Habersham Winery and Nora Mill, where you can pick up your stone ground grits, corn meal, etc. It’s worth a visit.
4. Shortly thereafter you will pass Helen City Limit sign on the right. Take next right just before Jameson Inn onto Edelweiss Strasse (street).
5 Baptist Church and Econolodge will be on the left after you turn. Turn right at the all-way stop sign onto Brucke Strasse.
6. Cross the bridge and turn left at the stop sign. Go to top of the hill and watch for Innsbruck Security Gate on the right. Turn in here, pick up resort pass and continue on Bahn Innsbruck for 0.6 miles. As you get to the top of the hill, turn right onto Schwartzwald Strasse into Igls (Time Shares) and Igls Landing (Proctor's area).
7. Stay to the right around the Igls clubhouse and continue to the right and follow the road down a steep hill. Most folks turn too early and make a left turn into the lower part of the time shares. Just follow the road and it will make a sharp turn to the left (a small house will be just at the 90 degree turn.
8. Go about half way up the hill and take first left onto Dach Brucke Gasse. Go about 0.2 miles, passing several houses on your left but just at the top of a small hill watch for the second house (green) on right.
9. The driveway is steep so with several cars, it will be easier to go up the driveway of the first house (white) on the right and then turn across the connection into our driveway. You can then pull straight ahead into our parking area and get two cars side by side. A third car can park on the concrete connection between the driveways.
10. Please do not park in the adjacent neighbor's driveway. They will be up on most weekends.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Nov 28 2016 - Dec 22 2016
2 night minimum stay
Dec 23 2016 - Dec 26 2016
3 night minimum stay
Jan 3 2017 - Mar 30 2017
2 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Refundable Damage Deposit||C$78|
|Cleaning and Resort Fee||C$133|
Rates are susceptible to change until confirmed. Military (active or retired) receive 5% discount. Lock box code and specific directions issued after receipt of final payment
Luggage lift is not available to guests due to liability.