|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
The Red Tail House sits on 50 acres and is nestled in the Historic Dorset Hollow with spectacular views of the surrounding mountains and fields visible from every room in the house. It is truly an all season house with no shortage of things to do in Dorset/Manchester/Bromley Area: breathtaking views of fall foliage; close to Bromley and Stratton Ski Mountains, snow shoeing, cross country skiing (trails off the property connect to state-maintained snow mobile trails); just outside Manchester Center's outlet shops and fine dining; lakes, farmers markets and hiking trails; kids activities at Taylor Farms and Bromley mtn in summer.
The house is 2850 square feet with wide open living areas featuring exposed post and beam construction. It is spacious with separate living areas yet cozy with two fireplaces. It is decorated like a primary home with Restoration Hardware & Pottery Barn furniture and antiques from surrounding area. Relax in the house enjoying the views or be active outside in any season!
- 4 bedrooms + loft (sleeps 10): 1st floor: twin room (2 beds), queen room, 2nd floor: king room, queen room, high quality mattresses & dressers in all, loft: living area with sectional and separate sleeping loft (full bed)
- 2 full baths on each floor
- large dining table (seats 10)
- a tavern room with bar and game table
- wrap around porch with full mountain views plus covered portion, comfortable new outdoor furniture with ample seating for relaxing and dining
- outdoor fire pit
- stainless steel appliances (fridge, DW, range/oven), W/D, outdoor grill, multi-zone heat, garbage disposal, coffee maker
- perennial gardens
- hiking trail off the property or hike around the picturesque hollow
- wifi, internet TV, DVDs, land line; no cell service at house (you will like it, trust us!), hook phone up to wifi for internet)
- Dogs allowed, just not on the furniture, please!
- We have 2 pairs of snow shoes and sleds.
- Skiing (downhill and cross), Bromley (15 mins), Stratton (35 mins), Killington (50 mins)
- Hiking, snow shoeing
- Fishing (on Battenkill)
- Farms (Taylor Farms - kids of all ages will love seeing the animals)
- Manchester Designer Outlets (Theory, Tumi, J Crew, RL, etc.)
- Dorset Playhouse
- High end spa @ the Equinox
-Fine Dining & Casual Restaurants in Dorset & Manchester
- Emerald lake (kayak, canoe, paddle board, beach)
- snow mobiling
- Bromley Adventure Park
- Horseback riding
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay