When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
59 Battery Road is located in the heart of the historic Battery community. Like many of our neighbours, our house clings to the steep embankment by resting on irregular cliff outcroppings. With unobstructed big-sky views and a compact layout, the inside of the house feels a bit like being on a ship. The house is a 10 minute walk from downtown and on the Signal Hill National Historic Park trail. It has three bedrooms, large bath, full kitchen with dishwasher, wi-fi internet, laundry, deck with a BBQ and a beautifully secluded side yard and garden equipped with classic lawn chairs with a panoramic view of the harbour. There’s always something to see – from fishing boats to container ships and everything in between. Even the occasional moose has been known to swim across the harbour!
Tiny houses nestled at the foot of Signal Hill look straight up the harbour. The Battery’s name refers to its position next to Fort Waldergrave whose stonework and cannon have been recently restored. From here you can explore the many Signal Hill trails, visit the GeoCentre, Cabot Tower, Gibbett Hill and Queens Battery -- or hike over to Quidi Vidi Lake and Quidi Vidi Village.
- Our rates are in Canadian dollars, but the VRBO website defaults to US dollars. You can set the displayed currency-type by clicking next to the flag over the rates chart.
- During the winter months the third studio/bedroom is not available.
- The third studio/bedroom has a 3/4 size spool bed, is accessed by an exterior stairway only & has no ensuite.
- 59 Battery Road has a strict non-smoking policy, $500.00 cleaning fee applies if violated.
- Unscented laundry detergent and cleaning supplies are provided.