|Minimum Stay||6 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
The Barking Dog is a waterfront home on Gwynn’s Island, one of the few islands left in the Chesapeake Bay. This quite rural area is nicknamed “Dog Island’. With no leash laws, exploring the island with your pet is a relaxing treat! Bring your boat and enjoy a 20 minute trip from your dock to the Chesapeake Bay for great fishing! An additional floating dock is kayak and jet ski friendly. With double decks, there is always somewhere to bask in the sun or relax in the shade and read a good book.
• Three bedroom, two and a half baths
• Sleeps 6 with two queens and a bunk room with full/twin bunk and a twin
• Wireless Internet and satellite TV service, DVD and BlueRay
• Hardwood floors on first floor and master
• Heating and central air
• Fully-equipped kitchen: dishwasher, refrigerator with ice maker, built in microwave, stove/oven, coffee maker, toaster
• Clothes washer and drier
• Dock with boat slip for up to a 20’ foot boat. 3 ft MLW
• Floating dock great for kayaking, cannoning and jet skiing
• Easy boat access to the Piankatank River, the Hole in the Wall and the Chesapeake Bay
• Guests must provide linens.
• Dogs welcome!
-Crabbing off of you Private Dock
- Restaurant (2 miles)
- Bicycling (Community)
- Boating (Bay)
- Water Skiing
- Canoeing and Kayaking (Local Trails),
- Golf (20 minutes away) – Piankatank River Golf Club
- Tennis (in town 7 miles away – Parks & Rec.)
- Convenience Store (5 miles) with Red Box Rentals
- Gym/Fitness Center/YMCA (8 miles)
- Walking (Starts at Doorstep)
- Entertainment (5 miles) Donk's Theatre
- Playground (7 miles – Parks & Rec.)
- Bowling (adjacent county, 17 miles)
- Jet Skiing (Bay)
- Shopping Area (8 miles)
- Beach (2/3 mile)
- Amusement Park (35 miles) Williamsburg Busch Gardens and Water Country
- Movie Theatre nearby at Gloucester.
A great location to enjoy local events:
• Gloucester Daffodil Festival (April)
• Bay, Bikes and Bands Festival, Tour de Chesapeake (May)
• Eastfields Farm U-Pick Blueberry (July to Mid August).
• Mathews Market Days (September)
• Rock Fish Tournament (December)
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
6 night minimum stay
Weekly rental is $1,200. Call or email for rates for long weekends and monthly rental.