|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
This direct oceanfront, 2 bedroom/2 bath one level condo is unique as it has both ocean views and views of the Intracoastal Waterway Matanzas River! Every room and balcony has breath-taking water views!!! And in 300 steps you are on the perfect beach for swimming, walking, riding a bike or sunbathing. Or cross the road to fish or launch your kayak in the river. This is the place for your next vacation.
What makes this vacation destination so special?
* SPECTACULAR OCEAN FRONT & MATANZAS RIVER VIEWS
The unit is direct oceanfront, located on Crescent Beach in St. Augustine, Florida. What’s special are not only the breathtaking view of the ocean, but also of the Intracoastal Waterway and Matanza River and the low lands to the West. When you step through the front door you’ll be surprised at the sight of the ocean and be drawn to the private balcony to take it all in. Wait till you see the sun and moon rising over the ocean!
As you sit at the breakfast bar, you’ll have a difficult time choosing whether to look at the river and the boats going by, or at the ocean and the waves breaking on the beach. The unit is special in that every room has water views! Few places offer this. From the dining area or from the many front porches you’ll love watching the sky change to all the colors of the rainbow, and be reflected in the river as the sun sets. The sight of the river flowing by is mesmerizing, calming and so peaceful. It also triggers the anticipation and excitement of going out and enjoying all the outdoors has to offer!
* PROXIMITY TO THE BEACH AND THE INTRACOASTAL & RIVER
In 250 steps you are on the beach. Crescent Beach is kid friendly with tidal pools and wonderful sand for building castles. You can go for miles on the warm beach walking, jogging, scavenging for seashells or biking. The soft white sand and clear blue water make this one of the best beaches in Florida. It's a very wide beach with room to spread out and play: bodysurfing, surfing, boogie boarding, sailboarding, kiteboarding, surf fishing, sea kayaking, kite flying, Frisbee, bocce, and football. And, of course, just sunbathing and relaxing.
For an alternative to the beach, bring your personal water-crafts and fishing gear. There’s access to the river directly across the street for launching kayaks, canoes and paddle boards. Also there’s a private fishing dock. You might just catch dinner. The complex is only one of three that offer this option. If you have a boat on a trailer, there are several boat ramps within 3 miles. Ask about availability of onsite storage for your boat during your stay.
* WELL-APPOINTED AND FURNISHED UNIT
Many updates were done to the unit in 2009 and in the past year. You’ll be surprised at the quality of the furnishings. This is not your traditional beach front rental.
From the balcony there is nothing between you and the ocean but natural vegetation, dunes, and sand. It's a spectacular view, from the moment dawn breaks over the horizon, to the night sky glittering with stars. The murmur of the surf, the sight of pelicans and other sea birds, and the breezes from the ocean, make the balcony a delightful place. The sliders to the balcony are new and easy to open. Storm shutters are easy to open and close also.
The interior of the unit is as wonderful as the great outdoor area. It’s an airy open floor plan. Unlike many units, from the living room you can see through the unit to the dining area and out the window to the Intracoastal Waterway and Matanzas River.
The living room has two couches for relaxing, while watching the 50" flat screen TV. There’s cable with and DRV recording ability, so you won't have to miss your favorite TV programs, a DVD player for movies, and WiFi. If you need an additional bed just open ottoman for a full size twin bed.
The kitchen has been updated with new appliances and granite counter tops. Seating at the bar is a great place for kids. If you love to cook, this kitchen has everything you need, from quality cookware and utensils, microwave and coffeemaker, a blender for making tropical drinks or smoothies and an ice cream maker. A large selection of herbs and spices are in the cabinet for you to use or try. Use what you want, don’t worry about replacing what you use up, just add it to the shopping list to be replaced for the next guest. If you’re not into cooking, there are a number of wonderful places nearby for breakfast, lunch and dinner
This unit is also unique in the kitchen is located between the living room and dining area in an open layout. No walls here to block the view. This is great as the dining area is separated from the living room. One can linger over have dinner and others can watch TV or play games in the living room.
The master bedroom makes it easy to forget you’re on land when you sleep at night; from the comfortable king size bed, see the ocean waves and open the sliding glass doors to the balcony to feel cool breezes and hear the lulling sounds of waves on the beach. There is ample storage, walk-in closet and a 32" TV.
The master bathroom will surprise you with the large Jacuzzi tub, which is a wonderful place to relax at the end of a fun-filled day! Kids love the bubbles, too. There are double sinks, a separate toilet and shower area.
The second bedroom has a king size bed with ample storage, and direct access to the second full bathroom. 19" TV. Watching the water flow by in the river is almost as soothing as hearing the waves on the beach from the master bedroom.
All of the towels for both bathrooms, beach towels too, are provided. As are all of the linens, blankets, and pillows for the beds. A full size washer and dryer in the unit make laundry easy, not that you want to do laundry on vacation. Bring your favorite beach toys and chairs. The balcony makes a great place to store these.
* ON SITE AMENITIES
The complex is gated and offers, an unheated pool, 2 tennis courts, an outdoor grill on the large sun deck, beautiful grounds, covered parking, uncovered parking, an elevator, (no carrying the bags up the stairs here) and on site management for assistance. If you have boat, ask about onsite parking for it during your stay.
* AND SO MANY ACTIVITIES NEARBY…
• St. Augustine, Florida has been named one of “THE 20 BEST TRIPS OF 2013” by National Geographic.
• Visit charming, historic St. Augustine, the country’s oldest city. Take a trolley or walking tour to learn about the city's history. You can walk the old streets with colonial Florida architecture, discover interesting stores and hear street musicians. Sit and enjoy something to eat and watch the people go by. You never know what or who you might see!
• Visit the Old Spanish Fort, the Living History Museum, The Alligator Farm, Ripley Believe It Or Not Museum, Fountain of Youth, Potters Wax Museum, Lightner Museum, The Old Jail, The Oldest Schoolhouse.
• Watch for dolphins as you kayak on the Intracoastal Waterway.
• Visit Fort Matanza and take a ride on the boat to see the fort. Located 5 minutes down the road.
• Catch dinner from a chartered deep-sea fishing boat or rent your own pontoon boat and fish on the Intracoastal Waterway.
• Bring your Kayak and launch into the river across the street from the unit.
• Climb to the top of the light house.
• See the alligators being fed at the Alligator Farm or experience the thrill of the zip line over the alligators.
• Visit Marineland and swim with the dolphins, located less than 10 minutes away.
• Stroll leisurely down the beautifully manicured paths of the exotic gardens of Washington Oaks Park.
• Rent motor scooters in town.
• Golf at the World Golf Hall of Fame or at the other nearby courses.
• Or splurge at the outlet malls.
* GREAT RESTAURANTS UP AND DOWN THE BEACH!
You might imagine that there are lots of really good seafood restaurants in St. Augustine and the beaches--and there are! Most are casual and each has a distinctive flavor and style…
• O'Steen's for fried shrimp
• Saltwater Cowboys for fresh catch & frozen drinks right on the Intracoastal at sunset
• Oasis for big screen TV on game day
• Florida Cracker Cafe in the historic district for grouper sandwiches and salads
• Sunset Grill, beachside, for local color, blackened catch of the day, salads, and Minorcan red clam chowder, just blocks from the condo
• Paula's for burgers, right next to the surfboard shop
• Tony's Pizza for New York style pizza delivered to your door
• Frog and McToad's for breakfast
• The Columbia Restaurant serves authentic Spanish cuisine in a very memorable atmosphere
• La Pentola (my favorite place) serves continental cuisine. Both The Columbia and La Pentola are located in the historic district.
• For cocktails on the water, try the Conch House and Resort or Kingfish Grill. Both are located alongside marinas, so you can watch the sailboats and yachts.
• Black Fly. continues to please steak lovers.
This all adds up to your Dream Vacation Spot! Come enjoy!!!
Rentals are 7 day minimum with check in on Saturday. Ask about flexibility on check in day and extended stays over 7 days.
Beside the beach located steps from the unit and relaxing on the balcony looking at the ocean, other activities here include fishing on the dock or by charter boat, surfing and boat rentals, swimming with the dolphins, golf including the World Golf Hall of Fame , shopping, sightseeing, tours by trolley or walking in historical St. Augustine. There are museums, historical sights including two forts, hiking in the many state parks. Disney World is 2 hours away, Daytona Beach is 45 minutes away. Concerts at the amphitheater or downtown St. Augustine.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
May 13 2017 - May 19 2017
7 night minimum stay
May 27 2017 - Aug 19 2017
7 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
|Refundable Damage Deposit||C$405.46|
|Cleaning Fee||C$135.15 + Tax|
IF YOU CAN PAY WITH AN ECHECK WOULD BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED DUE TO THE FEES ASSOCIATED WITH CREDIT CARDS. THANK YOU
*******PLEASE NOTE VRBO/HOMEAWAY HAS STARTED CHARGING A SERVICE FEE. I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER THIS FEE.
If you can use an echeck please do so.
There is a refundable $300 deposit that will be returned after the unit is inspected and no additional cleaning fees are needed & keys returned.