|Minimum Stay||4 nights|
Our house is located in the Upper Georgetown/Palisades Neighborhood. New neighborhood community pool in summer. Country in the city: Relax in a charming cottage on one of Washington’s close-in and most sought-after upscale residential streets, overlooking the Potomac River five minutes drive from downtown Georgetown (ten minutes by bus and bicycle). This house was built in the 1920s as a vacation house by the Potomac for a Capitol Hill family, and is on a cult-de-sac facing national parkland, one of a handful of houses in Washington with a river view. It has four bedrooms and sleeps 8. Return from a day of city touring to relax on our porch overlooking the Potomac river palisades while ceiling fans keep you cool.
The house is located just upriver from Georgetown in the heart of leafy, upscale Palisades village, just 2 blocks from excellent restaurants, grocery stores, cafes, shops and other conveniences. Easy access to all points of interest in Washington via the D5 Express and D6 MetroBuses which stop just a block away. The house has plenty of parking and the neighborhood is extremely safe. Paths lead down to the river, C&O Canal and jogging and bike paths. Boats and bicycles can be rented at Fletcher’s boathouse just down the hill.
Available for 4 nights to a month. We welcome families, couples and other travelers whether on business, relocating or vacationing.
Amenities In House:
* Fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher.
* Full-sized clothes washer and dryer.
* Air conditioning units to keep your space comfy.
* High speed internet and WIFI, smart TV w cable.
* Four bedrooms (1 king, 1 king, 1 twin, 1 tiwn)
* Screen Porch with view of the Potomac with ceiling fans; in a city with few panoramic views, your porch has one!
* Free unrestricted street parking in front of the house.
* Unrestricted access to the Potomac River and National Parkland hiking and biking trails just across the street!
* Located in the charming Palisades Village neighborhood with wonderful restaurants, coffee shops, sidewalk dining, farmers market, grocery store, gourmet take out, dry cleaners, post office, pharmacy, and public library...everything you need.
* Steps away from the stop from the D5/D6 MetroBus that will take you to The National Mall and all the other high-profile sights in the city.
* Unrestricted street parking in front of the house – a great benefit in parking-challenged Washington!
* We are on the D5/D6 bus lines (corner of V St. and MacArthur Blvd NW 1/2 block away) to Georgetown, DuPont Circle, World Bank, Downtown, The National Mall, Penn Quarter, The White House, Metro Center, Union Station, i.e. everything that you want to see and it's a beautiful ride to boot. Buses run every twenty minutes. Grab a Starbucks, sit back and relax while you enjoy the best $1.70 ride through some of the most interesting and beautiful neighborhoods in the city. For further information on public transit please visit Washington Metro Area Transit Authority's (WMATA) website. Go to 'Trip Planner' to find the travel options between your desired destination and our house. Or bike to the mall in 15 minutes!
Ideal And Idyllic Location:
* Quiet, safe, street in the Palisades Village just a block away from gourmet restaurants (including several of Washington’s best restaurants: Blacksalt seafood restaurant, Makoto 5*Japanese, 7th Hill wood burning oven Pizza, and Kotobuki, the best value sushi bar in Washington; Italian, Belgian and American cuisine also nearby). There are also Starbucks coffee & Liquor store in Safeway Supermkt,upscale wine store, CVS drug store, post office, banks, dry cleaners and Palisades community library within walking distance. Buy fresh produce at Farmer’s Market every Sunday.
* Approximately 1.5 miles to American University, Georgetown, Georgetown University, Sibley Hospital, Georgetown University Hospital and the French and German Embassies.
* Limitless free cultural options. A mere 15 minute drive by car to The National Mall with its memorials and Smithsonian museums. A 10 minute drive to the Kennedy Center where there is a free performance every night at 6pm.
* An outdoor lover’s paradise in the middle of the city. The house is 1 block from Battery-Kemble National Park. Walk/hike to Fletcher’s Boat House (rent canoes, Kayaks, row boats, bicycles), the Potomac River, C&O Canal, Canal Trail, and Capital Crescent Bike Trail.
Palisades is a relaxed and upscale neighborhood in Washington, DC, a narrow, leafy neighborhood of streets and shops just upstream from Georgetown along the Potomac River basin. Residents come here for the proximity to downtown DC and to the Potomac River and C&O canal - many commute along the river to work (and it's a short shot to the mall and attractions). The neighborhood has a dozen eateries. a number of which are in 'best of DC' lists, as well as all other shopping.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
May/June/July Grad.& Summer
May 1 2017 - Aug 31 2017
4 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay