|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Maison sans Chèvres, our charming Craftsman style home, has two stories, both with great windows overlooking the St. Croix River.
The main level features a granite countertop kitchen with stainless steel appliances made for enjoying cooking and eating, a dining area that can accommodate 8-10 people; an inviting parlour with a gas fireplace, windows overlooking the river and a queen sized sleep sofa; a guest bathroom, and a master bedroom suite with jacuzzi tub and separate shower stall.
The lower level features a cozy TV nook with a queen sized sleep sofa, a sitting area around a gas fireplace, a unique bathroom and a bedroom with a window overlooking the river.
The upper level walks out onto a spacious, wrap around deck. The lower level walks out to a patio with a river cabin feel. Both outdoor areas have furniture for enjoying the sights and sounds of the river and for eating. There is a gas grill on the deck.
As we live only a 10 minute drive away, we will be at the house to welcome you upon your arrival and we will be available by phone if you need questions answered or assistance during your stay.
• Enjoy this charming Craftsman style house with its many windows facing the river, its sweeping wrap-around deck, its lower patio area, and its mission-style architectural detail.
• Enjoy being part of the charming, historic village of Marine on St. Croix. Once a lumbering town, later a summer residence haven for city dwellers, Marine has maintained the look and feel of its history. Its architecture reflects the New England heritage of its first settlers and the feel of a vacation retreat. Take the short walk to the Marine Landing and Cafe, Marine Café Coffee Shop, the Marine General Store, St. Croix Chocolates, the community library, the Village Hall and Brookside Bar and Grill. Across from Brookside, enjoy looking over the falls rushing down to the river. For a complete look at the village, take the 'Historic Walking Tour' of the village with the guidance of the walking tour map you'll find at the house. From the village center take the short return walk to the Maison sans Chèvres and its sense of seclusion.
• Enjoy the wintertime - cross country skiing and snow shoeing at William O'Brien State Park, 2 miles north.
• Enjoy the spring, summer and fall living along the river. While the house is about 30' up on the riverbank, we have a short flight of deck stairs leading down to the river and our private dock. From our spacious deck you can watch life in its many forms on this quiet river; from Taylors Falls on the north to south of the village of Marine, the river is a 'slow speed zone' ideal for appreciating the unique beauty of the Lower St. Croix National Scenic Riverway.
•Enjoy Stillwater. Travel 10 miles south to the historic town of Stillwater. Often called the 'Birthplace of Minnesota', Stillwater offers many wonderful antique shops, clothing stores, gift shops, and restaurants, museums, the historic Lift Bridge to Wisconsin, riverboat and gondola rides , and marinas for boat rentals to explore the St. Croix River. Winery and apple orchard nearby.
• Enjoy William O'Brien State Park , just 3 minutes north on Hwy. 95. There you can hike, bike, explore, swim at the Lake Alice beach, rent canoes for local paddling, or in winter cross country ski or snow shoe,
• Enjoy historic Scandia, site of the first Swedish settlement in Minnesota. Scandia boasts Gammelgarden Museum and Hay Lake Schoolhouse Museum, historic sites and shops for antiques and gifts.
• Enjoy Taylors Falls, just 20 minutes north on Hwy 95. Along the way you can take in the free outdoor Franconia Sculpture Garden at the junction of Hwy 95 and Hwy 8. At Taylors Falls you can rent canoes and kayaks, take a riverboat ride or try rock climbing.
• Enjoy other historic nearby towns including Lindstrom in Minesota and St. Croix Falls, Osceola, and Hudson in WI.
• Drive 40 minutes to St. Paul or 45 minutes to Minneapolis for museums, theatres, sporting events and so much more; drive 1 hour to Mall of America for mega shopping
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay