|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Our cabin has a spectacular location, directly in front of the Grand Teton peaks. A rare National Park in-holding, the cabin is on the border of Grand Teton National Park and Bridger-Teton National Forest, looking out over the Park and offering superb hiking out the back door.
The cabin is located on Shadow Mountain, so named because the Grand Teton casts its shadow on this exact spot when the sun sets behind the mountains. This is the place for viewing gorgeous mountain sunsets, each one unlike any other, with rays of light beaming off the peaks for just a few moments before the starlit evening descends.
The cabin is set in a 1-acre open meadow filled with wildflowers in the summer. It is away from other homes, but it doesn’t feel remote. It is a quick 10-minute drive – or a lovely bike ride – down to the National Park entrance and Dornan’s grocery store, restaurants and legendary wine shop. There is a warm springs nearby where children chase tiny minnows with their nets while their parents practice kayak rolls. Herds of bisonand antelope roam on the flats below the cabin. It is a 25-minute drive to the town of Jackson, where there is much to explore and enjoy. It is about a one-hour leisurely drive to the south entrance of Yellowstone National Park, where we recommend you plan to spend the night to allow enough time to explore the world’s first national park.
Our cabin is a restful and refreshing oasis set in “America’s Serengeti”. Families often come back to the cabin year after year, making it their second home in the Tetons.
What We Offer
• A simple, comfortable cedar log cabin with a master bedroom, a small bunk-bed room, a comfortable living room/dining room/kitchen area and a small bath with tub and shower
• Sleeps 6, including the fold-out couch in the living room
• 100% homelike atmosphere, not at all a hotel room or rental condo. A family retreat and favorite-place-in-the-world ambiance
• delicious well water, probably best-tasting water on the planet
• outside deck and outside picnic area with BBQ grill
• piano and keyboards, lots of good books, fireplace and firewood
What We Don’t Offer
• TV or reliable cell phone service (smart phones seem to work fine and there is a land line)
• Luxury accommodations. This is a small, simple cabin, 100% comfortable, but nothing fancy.
• Internet service is not working this year. Sorry! Smartphones are usually OK.
Jackson Hole is the gateway to Grand Teton National Park and Yellowstone National Park, with wildlife viewing, fishing, hiking, mountaineering, biking, kayaking and the enjoyment of great natural beauty. The town of Jackson offers Western fun, great dining and shopping, art galleries and performances, entertainment for children. Jackson is an example of a community dedicated to conservation -- and there's lots to learn about what's being done to assure the future will be as good or better than the present.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay