Gather your loved ones for a refreshing Scottsville retreat when you book this delightful 2-bedroom, 1-bathroom vacation rental cottage that comfortably sleeps 4. Nestled above a gorgeous courtyard, the Carriage House at Warren Mill features an expansive deck overlooking rolling pastures, a private hot tub, and every tranquil detail needed for a rejuvenating escape!
-- THE PROPERTY --
Master Bedroom: Queen Bed | Bedroom 2: 2 Twin Beds | Living Room: 2 Twin Pullout Chairs
Situated on the historic site of the still present Warren Mill, the post-and-beam constructed Carriage House is the Virginia home-base of your dreams. Feel the cares and worries of your everyday life melt away as walk up to the second-story deck entrance, stepping inside the charming cottage to discover 1,200 square feet of well-appointed living space.
From the spacious living area with its cozy couches and glowing fireplace beckoning you to sit back and relax, to the lovely kitchen, fully equipped with everything you need to prepare your delicious home-cooked meals, you'll feel right at home.
While the interior offers an abundance of space to sit back and relax, the exterior provides a natural arena for you to unwind in the fresh air. The expansive deck overlooks the peaceful pasture and the creek on the 12-acre property, which is all of yours to enjoy during your stay! You'll love spending time here listening to the babbling waterfall, watching for the families of deer wandering through the pasture or stargazing into the late hours of the night.
In the courtyard, you'll find plenty of wood for a fire and seating around the fire pit, as well as a 6-person hot tub accented by a mini-orchard of dwarf peach trees in wine barrels. Although there is no barn, you could also bring your own horses to keep in the fenced pasture, taking them out for a ride, or simply using your own feet to walk along the paths behind the property.
Waking up to sip a freshly brewed cup of coffee on the deck overlooking the rolling pastures, you'll look forward to every peaceful morning in this stunning Scottsville paradise. Spend your days relishing in the beautiful outdoors, canoeing down the James River or walking to the wide waterfall behind the property to dip into the refreshing waters.
For dinner, fire up the gas grill for an old-fashioned cookout, wining and dining on the elevated deck under a canopy of trees as the gorgeous sun sets over the waterfall. End your evenings gathered in the privacy screened hot tub, enjoying each other's company as the bright stars sparkle above and the train whistles nearby. When you head back inside, there will be a set of plush robes and towels waiting for you!
-- THE LOCATION --
Although you could surely spend your entire vacation unwinding on the deck or lounging in the spectacular yard, you'll still want to check out the surrounding attractions. With so much to do and see right out the front door, no matter what adventures you come across while in Scottsville, you're sure to make lasting memories while staying at this cottage!
Not only does the property exceed an outdoor lover's expectations with Ballenger Creek, the private waterfall and swimming hole, and the walking trails, but this cottage is also a 5-minute walk from the James River, making it the ideal location for enjoying numerous recreational water activities.
Head to the nearby Charlottesville to catch a University of Virginia game, or take the 10-minute drive into Scottsville to explore the winery, brewery, restaurants, historic homes and a museum.
Other area attractions within an easy 30-minute drive include President Jefferson's home at Monticello, Carter's Grover, Michie Tavern, President Monroe's home in Ashlawn. If you are interested in visiting the new St. Thomas Aquinas Seminary in Dillwyn, it is only 25 minutes away!
-- THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE --
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, 12 private acres of gorgeous pastures and walking trails, a large deck, tranquil courtyard with outdoor furniture, fire pit, an exterior shower, 6-person hot tub, multiples bikes, electric fireplace, central AC, in-unit laundry machines, a cable TV, free WiFi, and more
- Marvel at the picturesque scenery, run around and relax in the open space, and stroll along the walking trails all throughout the 12-acre yard!
- Fantastic location - 5 Minute walk from the James River where endless recreational water activities await, and an easy 30-minute drive to Carter's Grove, Michie Tavern, Ashlawn, James Monroe's home and Monticello-President Jefferson's home. In addition, this property is an hour away from Appomattox, where the Civil War ended.
- Nearest Commercial Airports: Richmond International Airport - 1 Richard E Byrd Terminal Dr, Richmond, VA 23250, (~83.6 miles away) | Charlottesville Albemarle Airport - 100 Bowen Loop #200, Charlottesville, VA 22911, (~35.6 miles away)
-- POLICIES --
- Please note that the homeowners live on another part of the property in a separate house and are happy to assist you throughout your stay
- No smoking ($250 fine)
- Pet-friendly without a fee (see additional rules that apply)
- Pets should be crated while guests are not in residence and are not allowed to be on furniture or beds
- Failure to crate and keep pets off the furniture will result in an assessed fee of $200
- Breaking the maximum occupancy of 4 overnight will result in an assessed fee of $200
- Events, parties or large gatherings allowed with prior homeowner approval
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply