Welcome to the Clarkson Estate. This 3000 sqft cottage and 900 sqft boathouse offers gorgeous views and a calm bay perfect for your next getaway.
The Clarkson Estate is located on a private road off of Mortimer’s Point Road only 9 km from both Port Carling and Bala, two hubs of cottage country. The Estate resides on a small inlet bay yielding warmer water temperatures with southern exposure providing you and your guests with sun all day long.
The cottage has 4 bedrooms, all of which have access to a balcony or deck, and 3.5 bathrooms while the boathouse provides an additional 2 bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms. We also offer access to our Bunkie that has 3 more beds and a private screened in porch for an additional charge.
• Master bedroom with en-suite and access to the main balcony (King)
• First upstairs bedroom with en-suite and private balcony (Full)
• Second upstairs bedroom with private balcony (Queen & pull out Twin)
• Final bedroom located on the lower level with en-suite and access to the deck (Full)
• Two wood burning fire places, granite on the main floor and brick on the lower level
• Propane grill and patio set located on main balcony
• Entertainment center with 48” TV, surround sound, and spacious seating
• Washer and dryer located on the main level
• Three pull out couches (Doubles)
• Master bedroom with en-suite and access to the patio (King)
• Spare bedroom with westerly views and easy access to the second bathroom (Queen)
• Full kitchen
• Propane grill and patio set located on the patio
• Washer and dryer
• Two cots for extra sleeping accommodations (Twins)
Included in your rental are a floating dock and 6 boats: 2 kayaks, a canoe, a rowboat, and 2 paddleboats. If you choose to bring your own boat, you can dock it on the boathouse dock. The estate also has a lakeside fire pit which is perfect for a relaxing evening. While cable TV is included, Wi-Fi is also available at an additional charge ($75/week). The Clarkson Estate is located on Lake Muskoka, which allows you to boat to Lake Rosseau and Lake Joseph with ease. Swimming from the boathouse is perfect for all ages with water depths ranging from 3 to 7 feet. A backup generator automatically powers both the cottage and boathouse during power failures.
Our family has been in the Muskoka region since the 1800's. We hope your stay can bring you as much joy as our family has experienced over the generations.
Further details below:
Security deposits are paid back within 14 days of check out.
3-4 day rentals are permitted, but security deposits for such rentals are $1,500.
Pets are permitted, but there is a $250 fee per pet.
No partying groups will be permitted.
Quiet hours begin at 10pm.
VRBO cancellation policy is not accepted by or binding on the owner. See occupancy agreement for details.