One block from the inner harbour, on Government Street, in the heart of the tourism district and walking distance to a wide variety of fine restaurants, is where you will find our exclusive penthouse which is licensed to carry on business of transient condo.
The spacious two storey condo is a stylish heritage conversion perfectly located in the heart of old-town Victoria. What sets this meticulously restored building apart is that it meets modern building requirements, yet preserving one of Victoria’s heritage treasures, the famous 126 year old Victoria hotel. Originally built in 1892 as a first class hotel designed by architect Thomas Hooper, it is now named Vogue and is the perfect blend of modern facilities with the romance and magic of old-world design.
Located at one of the hippest intersections in the city's commercial core, the rows of storefront and upper storey windows of this building provides an intermediate connection between the historic Old Town and Chinatown.
The private, beautifully landscaped, 800 sq ft roof terrace and garden overlooks the popular intersection of Government and Johnston streets. This gem is truly one of a kind!
Its unique heritage features are exquisitely blended with all the modern comforts.
• Two spacious bedrooms, two bathrooms; sleeps max 4 adults and 1 child/teen. Unauthorized sleepover guests are not allowed. No smoking please.
• 13 foot ceilings with 8ft tall original sash windows, facing south and east that ensure maximum sunlight.
• Original red brick walls and 18” by 12” douglas fir beams.
• A rooftop den which has a double fold out sofa, sleeps 2.
• Beautiful teak floors throughout, no stiletto's please.
• Total sq ft is 2,073; suite is 1273 sq ft, plus the 800 sq ft roof terrace and garden.
• Central heating.
• Secure basement parking space included for all new bookings from August 2018.
• Washer & dryer machines in the unit
• Gas stove, refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave
• The living/dining area features two love seats, comfortable leather armchair, artwork, a small collection of books, ceiling fan, large flat screen tv and stereo.
• Telephone and wireless internet.
Short Term Rentals:
Dear Valued Guests, The Government has implemented two additional taxes on short term vacation rentals (under 30 days stay) in BC on top of the current 5% GST which takes effect October 1, 2018 ; these new taxes are as follows and will unfortunately be added to the total rental.
1. The Provincial Sales Tax, PST 8%
2. The Municipal & Regional District Tax, MRDT 3%
* Long Term stays:
The VRBO/HomeAway platform unfortunately does not yet have the means to separate the taxes to distinguish Short Term Rentals versus Long Term Stays so for long term stay bookings, the taxes will be ADDED and then the 11% (PST & MRDT taxes) that is not applicable will be refunded to you.
We do understand that these new taxes increase the overall cost of your vacation but we help to alleviate any additional cost to you by providing a lower than average nightly rates and so our rates remains unchanged for the past two years and will continue to remain unchanged and affordable.
• Ideal location for walks in downtown Victoria to many hot spots, including pubs, fine dining, shopping & historic buildings. Perfect for anyone wanting to explore the city on foot.
* newly renovated windows to keep out the street noise and the city has reduce the beeping sound coming from the pedestrian crossing intersection.. "Our sound proofing efforts have paid off as promised :)"..
All the extras that our guests would need upon arrival are provided.
We can't wait to welcome you to our home away from home!