When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Our ground floor condo is just steps away from the ocean, pool and jacuzzi in quiet Maalaea Bay. Enjoy the ocean breezes and the sound of the sea at our little piece of paradise. A short walk down our quiet street and you'll find yourself on on Sugar Beach, a beautiful seven-mile long white sand beach perfect for enjoying the sunset or a romantic stroll under the moonlight. Our one bedroom condo with sofa bed accommodates 4 guests comfortably. Just steps from our patio door you will find the pool, Jacuzzi and BBQ area.
There is a queen size bed in the master bedroom and another queen size sofa bed in the living room. The kitchen is fully equipped with dishwasher, washer and dryer and everything needed to enjoy your holiday whether dining in or out.
Our best amenity… location, location, location!
One thing that makes our condo at Maalaea Banyans so special is our breathtaking view. Whether watching a glorious sunset into the ocean or simply listening to the surf while reading a book; there simply is no better spot to unwind.
Because the waters and reefs of Maalaea are important to many marine species, Maalaea Bay is part of the National Humpback Whale Marine Sanctuary - a favorite mating and birthing grounds for the endangered Humpbacks. Green Sea Turtles browse reefs that border the harbor entrance. In season, whales can be viewed from the condo grounds just outside our patio door.
Another great plus is that there are plenty of things to keep you busy in Maalaea all within a short walk from the condo. You can begin with a morning snorkeling or whale-watching cruise followed by an afternoon visit to the Maui Ocean Center. You can end the day with an evening sunset walk on Maalaea Beach and then dinner at one of the harbor area's excellent restaurants.
Maalaea Bay is also centrally located to so many of Maui’s fabulous attractions via car. The Maalaea District of Maui is located in Central Maui about six miles south of Wailuku, where the Honoapi'ilani Highway (Hwy 30) reaches the south coast.
Things to do within walking distance; (.3 mi/7 min walk)
• Maalaea Beach is approximately three miles in length and stretches from Maalaea Harbor on the west to Sugar Beach on the east.
• Sugar Beach is a beautiful seven-mile long beach running all the way to Kihea from Maalaea.
• Formerly a commercial port Maalaea Harbor now hosts a marina where many cruise and pleasure boats dock. Among the boats that dock here are whale watching cruise boats as well as those that offer snorkeling trips to Molokini Atol.
• Families fish off the harbor wall or spear fish on nearby reefs.
• When a robust south swell hits Maui, surfers from far and near head for Maalaea to have a chance to experience the tubular perfection of one of the world's fastest rideable waves - the legendary Maalaea Pipeline wave.
• Beginners can learn to surf at Maalaea's Buzz's Wharf surf break. Outrigger canoe clubs take shelter and rest on the Harbor's small beach.
• The area is home to eight restaurants beginning with the highly acclaimed Waterfront Restaurant located in the Milowai Condominium. It has received a 5-star rating from Honolulu Magazine, placed first in the Maui News' annual survey for 'best service' and 'best seafood.'
• Buzz's Wharf Restaurant is a local landmark at the harbor's edge featuring excellent and moderately food.
• Other options include The Blue Marlin, Bamboo Bistro, Capiche, Maalaea Grill and the Maalaea Seascape Restaurant.
Maalaea Harbor Shops:
• The Maalaea Harbor Shops have now attracted several excellent retailers and restaurants.
• You can now find Maui Dive Shop, Hula Cookies and Ice Cream, and Moonbow Tropics along with the Pacific Whale Foundation's Ocean Discovery Store and the Ocean Science Discovery Center where you'll find a self-guided exhibit area with hands-on activities for adults and children; informational displays, marine artifacts and free educational literature about the ocean.
Kealia National Wildlife Refuge:
• This refuge provides 700 acres of some of the last remaining natural wetland habitat in Hawaii.
• Kealia Pond is nearly 250 acres when full. The refuge is home to endangered native water birds, and hosts migratory ducks and shorebirds in fall, winter, and spring.
• The refuge is adjacent to Kealia Beach, which is a nesting ground for the endangered hawksbill turtle. An interpretive kiosk and boardwalk viewing area found along the beach and refuge mudflats.
Maui Ocean Center:
• The Maui Ocean Center rivals the National Aquarium in Baltimore as one of the finest we have seen. Your visit to the Center begins with The Living Reef where you walk through the various regions of a reef and learn about the many and varied creatures that make the reef their home. Don't miss those moray eels.
• The final exhibit takes you past the largest tank in the aquarium and then through a clear acrylic tunnel where the creatures of the ocean swim on all sides of you.
Distances from Maalaea to…
Kahului Airport 8.8 miles
Kihea 7 miles
Wailea/Makena 14 miles
Lahaina 15 miles
Kaanapali 19.5 miles
Kapalua 25 miles
Haliimaile General Store 31 miles
Haleakala National Park
Visitor Center 44 miles
Hana 70 miles
Keywords: Renovated ground floor condo with beautiful views just steps away from the ocean, walking distance to Sugar Beach a 7 mile long sandy beach, retail shops and restaurants within easy 7 minute walk, harbor with snorkeling and fishing just a few blocks away, enjoy the pool, jacuzzi and BBQ just off your lanai, ocean breezes, whale watching, quiet street, the sound of waves splashing on the sea wall... heaven on Maui!
Within walking distance to the Harbor and Maui Ocean Center home of the Maui Aquarium
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jan 1 2017 - Mar 31 2017
1 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
|Property Damage Protection||C$77|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.