|Property type||chateau / country house|
|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Private country estate with both summer and winter sports close to Toronto
The house itself is a beautifully appointed, full of 'Canadiana' pine furniture and antiques. It has 4 bedrooms which include 2 master bedrooms, each with an ensuite bathroom. Sleeps 8 comfortably with 1 king, 1 queen and two sets of twin beds. There are 3 full bathrooms, each equipped with a shower and bathtub. The living area has a spacious, attractive living room centred around a wood-burning fireplace and a separate dining room which seats 10. There is a large, fully equipped kitchen including a dishwasher. At the front of the house is a large screened in veranda which is wonderful all summer - it has a beautiful view overlooking the large trout pond and swimming pool with forest in the distance.
The house also has a satellite TV. tennis racquets, 2 bicycles, a croquet set, golf clubs, some board games and a gas fired barbecue.
There are 85 acres of ponds, streams, forests and open spaces. It is in the Mulmur Hills, 65 miles north-west of Toronto and 15 miles north of Orangeville Ont and is completely secluded. This area is designated Niagara Escarpment land and accordingly has reduced development all around.
There is a 2nd house on the property about 1/4 mile away. This house is smaller, has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and is also available for rent from time to time.
Renting both houses (7 double bedrooms) creates an ideal wedding venue as there are big open lawn spaces for a tent. Nearby hotels can accommodate additional guests.
Not only is the property beautiful to live on, but it offers a host of outdoor activities on the property: swimming, tennis, hiking, fishing, cross country skiing, snow-shoeing and even skating.
Nearby are even more activities- hiking on the Bruce Trail, downhill skiing, ski-dooing, cross country skiing and snow-shoeing on groomed public trails.
On the property, it is not uncommon to see deer, wild turkeys, beaver, duck, geese and great blue herons- truly a northern Canadian experience.
What makes the property more attractive is that, although totally private , it is close to all kinds of shopping, fine and family dining and cultural and historic sites.
The property is located :
- 65 miles and 80 minutes from downtown Toronto, even less from Mississauga and Oakville and 1 hour from Pearson International Airport.
Amenities and activities nearby include:
- 1/2 mile from public cross-country skiing, snow-shoe & snow-mobile trails
- 2 miles from Shelburne for all the basic necessities such as food, gas and liquor.
- 2 miles from a good 18 hole public golf course
- 2 miles from a section of the well-known Bruce Trail for hiking and biking
- 10 miles from downhill skiing at Mansfield Ski Resort
- 15 miles from Orangeville, which provides a large variety of shopping at various Canadian retail chain and big box stores along with all types of restaurants, live theatre and a movie complex.
- 20 miles from the picturesque Ontario country town of Creemore with its antique stores, restaurants and shopping
- 30 miles from Collingwood and Georgian Bay with much more downhill skiing and water sports
- 30 miles from Canada's Wonderland, one of Canada's best amusement or theme parks for kids
- 90 minutes by car to the well-known Stratford Shakespearian Theatre which operates from May to Oct every year
- 2 hours to the Shaw Festival in picturesque Niagara-on-the-Lake, the nearby vineyards with excellent restaurants, as well as Canada's famous Niagara Falls.
A slide show of the house and property are available upon request.
Keywords: Beautifully furnished country house with private pool, tennis court and trout pond
This house and property would be great for a getaway, a honey-moon, a small - medium sized wedding or a family reunion. You will have complete privacy yet you are close to many activities and attractions.
The property is within 20 minutes of Creemore, 30 minutes of Collingwood and 60 minutes of Toronto.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Fall, winter, spring
Oct 1 2016 - May 31 2017
3 night minimum stay
Jun 1 2017 - Sep 30 2017
3 night minimum stay
|Refundable Damage Deposit||C$400|
Small rental agreement needs to be signed.