|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
Algonquin Park's northwest corner is the home to the Algonquin Cottage Outpost. With a total capacity of 12 -15, the Cottage Outpost features a private and intimate setting for three families or special groups who like to vacation together.
Enjoy 700 feet of shoreline, 2 docks, a floating Sauna,, outdoor cookout area, gazebo and Algonquin Park’s best sunrise. Option to add on Lakeside Cabin Bunkie for 4.
Do your own thing or customize your stay by adding on meals, equipment rentals or guided excursions.
Options in Spring/Summer/Fall include:
* Guided Paddle on Kawawaymog Lake or into Algonquin Park
* Guided hiking to scenic lookouts
* Stand up Paddle boards available for rent
Options in Winter include:
* Dog sledding
* Back country skiing
Each Cottage Outpost exclusive booking is customized to the needs of the party. Call our office today to plan your next adventure vacation.
With three separate units, the solar powered Cottage Outpost is ideal for three families or one large group. Each unit contains a kitchen, living room with fireplace/woodstove and dining area, two bedrooms, washroom with hot shower, deck and BBQ.
The main cottage is called the Nippissing (ideal for 4 max 5) and it features:
* a living room with gas fireplace.
*a pull-out couch.
* an open concept kitchen/dining area with a view to the lake and large deck.
* a woodstove
*the dining table is expandable and allows for your entire group to eat together inside.
* a couch nicely positioned to view the deck while speaking to those preparing dinner
* master bedroom - queen size bed
* second bedroom - two twin beds
*bathroom - tub and shower
*large deck with bear chair seating and large picnic tables with enough room for all to congregate
* a gazebo - a great space for board games - outside yet out of the rain
The Upper Chalet Suite is called the Magenetawan (ideal for 4 max 5)) and it features:
* a living room with wood stove
* an open concept kitchen/dining area. The dining table is a large harvest table able to accomodate a large group
* Master bedroom - queen size bed
* Second bedroom - bunk bed with pull out trundle.
* Bathroom - shower
* deck and bbq
The Lower Chalet Suite is called the Nahma (ideal for 4 max 5) and it features:
* a living room with fireplace
* a pull-out couch
* an open concept kitchen/dining area.
* a master bedroom - queen size bed
* a second bedroom - bunk bed
The Property features for all to enjoy:
* a floating wood burning suana with cantilevered seating
* a Lakeside Cabin Bunkie for 4 additional guests if required
* a small couch and coffee table positioned at the window to enjoy the lakeview
* a deck with table and chairs right at the lakeside.
* a stoned patio area at the water edge that overlooks the swimming dock are beautiful lake with a stone fireplace ideal for an outdoor cookout, corn roast or cocktail hour
* option to rent and add on even more accommodation - a Bunkhouse and adjoining property for special events.
This cottage property is ideal for those who love nature.
Spring and summer are the ideal time for wildlife interpretation. Guided excursions are available that focus on the wild calls of loons, barred owls and wolves. Sunrise canoe excursions search for moose and beavers.
Kawawamog Lake offers premier canoeing and bass fishing. Great spring trout fishing is available on nearby lakes and rivers. Superb hiking/walking trails are within a five-minute drive. Mountain bikers will love the old logging roads and single track forest trails.
The fall color season is absolutely spectacular at the northwest corner of Algonquin. Morning mists brilliant red maple trees and wolves howling though the crisp air are just a few of the treasures of autumn. Fall colors begin in mid September and run through Canadian Thanksgiving (first weekend in October). The soft light of mid/late October makes for fantastic photography.
Of course the importance of relaxation is never lost whether it comes from being active or unwinding on the dock.
Winter offers extraordinary snowshoeing, backcountry skiing, dog sledding and snowmobiling.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Refundable Damage Deposit||C$500|
We have a 3 level cancellation policy based on the date of your booking and the date of cancellation.
Level 1 >60 days Full refund minus $75 admin fee
Level 2 31-59 days Loss of the initial 25% deposit
Level 3 <30 days No refund without the purchase of cancellation insurance