The Sled Hill House is a charming family and dog friendly cottage in town.
*Located on a quiet, hidden road off the beaten path,
*One or two block walk to everything in town:
- movie theater
- farmers marke
- health food store
- golf course
- the Mill Stream (our local swimming hole).
• Completely private - entire house and yard is yours alone
• Fire pit
• BBQ and outdoor grill
• private, secluded, shady outdoor dining area and patio
• Large upstairs loft area, equipped with games, puzzles, and movies
• Air conditioning in bedrooms and loft for the warmer seasons
• Fenced in yard for your fuzzy friends
• beautiful gardens and walking paths
• 2 master bedrooms with queen sized beds, closets and AC
• Queen air mattress and couch/futon in the upstairs loft
• 1 full bathroom
• Large screen smart TVs in the living room and upstairs loft
• Kitchen with all new appliances, coffee maker, laundry, dishwasher, microwave
• Pots, Pans, utensils, coffee, tea, complete pantry of spices adn oils, for cooking
• Wood stove in living room for the colder seasons
• Two parking spaces on site and additional parking on the street
- very dog friendly for all breeds and sizes. Entirely fenced in yard so dogs can roam the property without worry. Picket fence and chicken wire along the bottom for smaller dogs to keep them contained and safe. Doggie door off of the back door can be opened or closed.
- House is secure and we will never enter the house during your stay so you can feel confident leaving your dogs at home if you'd like to explore the area without your four legged friends but if you prefer to keep your pups by your side, know that so many of the nearby shops and restaurants are dog friendly!
You have full access to the house, fenced in yard and private parking spots for two vehicles. (for HITS guests, oversized vehicles can fit in driveway and there is additional parking on the street.
Interaction with guests:
I live just outside of town and I respond to texts immediately. I have full time maintenance help if I am not readily available.
Other things to note:
No car needed. We are two blocks from the bus stop. Less than three minute walk to the wonderful restaurants and shopping and all that town has to offer.
House is also two blocks from the mill stream swimming hole
and a short walk or drive to local hiking trails and one block behind the main street which includes all sorts of family owned restaurants, an organic supermarket, boutiques, thrift and metaphysical stores, and a pharmacy.
Day Trips. We are a short drive to Hunter, Windham, and Belleayre Ski areas. We're just 1.5 hours from Vermont, 2 hours from NYC, 2 hours from the Adirondacks so you can take a day trip to explore and still make it back in time to have dinner at the organic restaurant up the street.
I hope you enjoy my home and our town as much as I do, and respect it. There is a deck and porch areas but please no smoking inside. I do allow dogs and the yard is fenced in but please do not let them dig up the garden.