: Honolulu International (HNL)
: Papa Ole's, Surfin' Tacos, Hau'ula Korean BBQ 1 Is
Hau'ula and the surrounding area is often likened to 'old Hawaii,' still representing what Hawaii once was. Instead of large malls and chain restaurants (i.e. Waikiki), the area has family-owned gift shops, unique little restaurants, and a pace of life that many envision when planning their Hawaii trips.
Highlights of the area:
(1) five minute drive to the Polynesian Cultural Center, Hawaii's #1 tourist attraction
(2) many great hikes (some with waterfalls) in the mountains directly behind the place
(3) lush green foliage and mountainsides, drawing comparisons with Maui
(4) good, local people offering a glimpse into 'true' Hawaii living: a truly authentic Hawaiian experience
(5) twelve minute drive to Turtle Bay Resort, and their golf courses, restaurants, bars, massages, helicopter rides, etc.
(6) minutes to good surfing spots, and only about 20 minutes to famous big-wave spots like Pipeline and Sunset Beach
(7) quiet, tranquil, peaceful...the best way to describe Hau'ula!
Other Activities: Island's best hiking in the mountains adjacent to the house.